Pella window integration

Anyone look at Pella Insyncitve integration yet? It seems to only integrate with proprietary stuff like Crestron. I wonder if Hassio/HA could control it since it integrates with Control 4 already?

1 Like

I know this thread is old, but I have the same question and in an effort to help solve this problem I have put together a NodeJS client that can connect to Pella Insycntive bus over LAN and get the list of devices as well as raise events when they’re open/closed. Perhaps someone could use it in HASSIO integration (via Docker, etc). For more info look here https://github.com/stsvilik/insynctive

Does anyone over here know how to do something like this for Home Assistant?

Help Pella Insynctive Zwave Bridge - Get Help / Devices - Hubitat

I was just able to successfully pair Pella Insynctive sensors and between the glass shades to Home Assistant with their Version 1 Bridge with Z-Wave.

The newer bridge that Pella sells no longer has Z-wave built in, but it can communicate with other things on the network via Telnet. I have documentation of those commands/configuration, but I have no idea how to create an integration for Home Assistant. I’d love to collaborate with someone that knows how to write an integration if there is anyone out there…

Eric, do you mind sharing the documentation for that? The library i wrote on top was based on another one I found online and has a limited set of commands so was wondering if there is anything else I’m missing that Telnet command set could do.

For anyone who stumbles to this thread :slight_smile: Would there be interest in the community of people who already own Pella Insynctive system, to potentially replace those built-in sensors with say a zigbee-native sensor which bypasses Pella bridge all together?

Yes! Any progress since your post?

This integration for SmartThings seems to be the most current project for these devices I have found: GitHub - gnieboer/PellaBridge
If you are looking to dive deeper into how the bridge works, you can just ssh into the bridge with the root account.
I’ve also been trying to read the sensors with an SDR, but it appears there is some sort of rolling code system or something in them making them change between 2 protocols randomly on each message sent.

As a general warning to people who have these bridges, the factory reset on the 2 2nd gen units I have both changed the pairing ID to a test value, which had to be reset to the one printed on the back sticker using SSH in order to allow it to connect to Pella’s system again.

In regards to the zigbee/zwave sensor alternative, I have tried to use the Aeotec recessed door sensor, but it ate through batteries monthly while not reliably transmitting. It would be awesome to see something that could fit in the original form factor of both door and lock sensors, and have similar battery life to the original on a more open platform. I’m almost tempted to start chopping up the original circuit boards, and aqara sensors to have something that works.

Unfortunately no. You’re the first person who showed any interest in this. If I could gage demand for this, maybe I could get the process started. I’m also not familiar with all form factors Pella used in their windows. I have a slim one inserted into the frame, others may have something else.

Would it be possible for folks to post images of their board modules?

This is the one i have (minus plastic holder)

I have the same as you - i have their sliding door open/close and lock/unlock board sensors. Tried to see if a zwave usb receiver would at keast discover or see them but alas no dice

Sensors themselves use proprietary radio module. Z-Wave on the bridge I could never get it to pair.

I started an evaluation process with electronics firm to see what it’ll cost to put Zigbee into the same form factor. Will update once I hear back from them.

I’m going down this road (What's the current best zigbee and 433 Gateway Options) with Portish firmware on a sonoff z bridge to “learn” the sensor codes and send to HA but can’t locate an older rev of it as newer ones appear to be incompatible with portish. I’m also considering rflink and inquiring if their dev can add pella’s door/lock sensors.