Per-user lovelace UI wanted!

I want to have a way, to assign different views to diffferent users. My lovelace view contains the full functionality, I have set up,

But I need a much simpler version for the family members.

Per-user lovelace would be my #1 request.

Look at the custom-compact-header card. It does exactly that.

2 Likes

And where does one find that? I need to get serious about switching to Lovelace, and this is something I’d ultimately like to do, too. But I looked at the Lovelace doc pages, and I couldn’t find any reference to this. I also looked in Custom cards for Home Assistant · GitHub and couldn’t find it there either.

It’s not a core card…https://community.home-assistant.io/t/compact-custom-header-custom-user-device-views/

It’s been nearly a year and as far as i find out custom-compact-header card is still the only solution. Or am i missing something? The Users button in 0.100 now is still only hiding the admin tools; but no custom cards per user. Any development planned for now?
Thanks…

Would be great to have that. I have different devices with different display resolutions. Would be great to have a separate Frontend for them without messing the original up.

Another vote for this here.
Going to have some guest coming in and want a way to give them some, but not nearly all access.
Also I’d like to say that I tried custom-compact-header card and it screwed up my whole HA. Unusable for me and not going to mess with it again any time soon.

With Lovelace is being to be the only ui, this feature must be high priority.

You can do this in 2 ways very easy,
either you use Custom Header
Or use State Switch

You can both install this manually, but if you haven’t heard of HACS I will recommend you to install that, which is essentially a repository for most (if not all) custom cards right integrated in Home Assistant.

It would look like this:

How to install HACS Click Here

Appreciate your help but both are work around and don’t fix my need. I’m going to pay more time playing with them but still love a “real” permission control per user.

I’d love to have a standard way of doing so (not via custom components) but it looks like the only way is to create a PR (i.e write the code) according to this.

This has been hinted for HA 0.107.x

Enjoy! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Closing as this is now possible with Dashboards