Persistent iCloud Authentication Notifications

I keep getting notifications on my iphone for apple ID sign in requests (The one where you allow and it gives you a code).

I have entered the password, the code, and moments later I keep getting the alert.

I’ve tried disabling then re-enabling. Deleting and reconfiguring it. Toggling. Restarting. changed my icloud password.

I’m out of options, but the alerts are a nuisance cause they just pop up right on the screen.

Has anyone else been dealing with this or is it a me thing? Any suggestions on what I can do?

Thank you in advance.

SOLUTION:

Create an App-Specific Password: Using app-specific passwords - Apple Support

Delete the integration → Reconfigure with App-specific password.

I have been trying to get the iCloud app specific password to work in Home Assistant, but the iCloud credentials screen never takes the login. Has anyone gotten the iCloud integration to work with an apple app specific password?

Yes, mine works fine.

Hmm, I wonder what I might be doing wrong.
I have completely removed the iCloud integration from Home Assistant and then re-added it as was recommended in other posts. I also created another app specific password in Apple iCloud to make sure I have that correct.
Perhaps there is some other option or configuration I have missed.

same here, I keep getting Invalid authentication after deleting the integration, the icloud storage directory and restarting HA multiple times to make sure nothing lingers.

Same. It worked for a hot minute, then stopped working. Now removing the integration, revoking the app-specific password, generating a new app-specific password and adding the integration with that password gives me an “Invalid authentication”.

I was having this issue but think I fixed it by making sure I logged into the Apple site with two factor authentication.

I used private/incognito mode to login with my username and password to the Apple site (don’t use the pass key) and was prompted for the 2FA. Then created an app specific password.

Prior to that workflow, I was able to login and create the app specific password but wasn’t prompted for 2FA and was receiving the authentication notice.

I also deleted and re-added the HAS integration. It finally appears to be working as expected.

Hi, I had same issue and now I’m trying to use app-specific password but when I put the credentials to HA integration a never get the code for verification. When I use my original icloud password the code immediately popup on my Apple device. Any sugestions?

What worked for me was to:

1. Supply my user & regular password while trying to create the integration, this will also pops-up the 2FA part (if there’s a place to click ‘keep me logged in’, do it)
  2. Delete the integration.
  3. Create it again, now with the app-specific-password

– Update –
It lost the connection after several hours:
[pyicloud.base] Authentication required for Account

Same behavior here. When i use app-specific password then it doesn’t show me a pop up with the 6 digits to enter as verification code. When i use my appleid password, it does show the pop-up to allow the connection and show me a 6 digit code to enter in the verification code field in HA when configuring. Then shows me my devices.

I honestly don’t believe I’m doing anything wrong on my end. But I believe that an app specific password does not need a 2FA verification code. Making the flow when configuring this integration flawed.