Person Component (Users)

I’m thinking about making a Persons Component.

Here is a sneek peek:

This has the following advantages:

• Allows better assignment of devices from a device-tracker to a person.
  • Allows relationships between persons. “Where is my wife?”, “When do my kids get home?”
  • This could be used for a later implementation for users and user-specific customizations. (customize visibility of components.)

Anyone interessted/wants to join?

11 Likes

Yes! How to help? New to developing components but pretty competent python programmer

Just added a repository here: https://github.com/CoalaJoe/person_component

EDIT:
Please note. This is my 1. Python project. So I am very glad for any advice and improvements.

Cheers, will take a look at the weekend :+1:

1 Like

I am interested in this.
Not so convinced gender is important here as I generally know the people in my home :slight_smile:

What I would like to achieve is location tracking.
Some way of describing where that person is. By Zone or Lon/Lat or even better both.

I would love to have these attributes that can get updated somehow:

zone
lon
lat
altitude (this came up somewhere recently)

happy to help out where I can.

Thats one of the goals of this component. You can assign Devicetrackers to persons.
The gender is there for voice commands.

There has to be rework on some devicetrackers that define the accuracy over other devicetrackers and so on.

I would love that when connecting a device tracker to a account, only that account can see that tracker.
For exemple:

• firstname: Daniel
    lastname: Name
    device_tracker: daniel.phone

Maybe 1 person wanna be able to look @ more then 1 phone, like the kids

• firstname: Daniel
    lastname: Name
    device_tracker: daniel.phone, kids.phone
1 Like

Here is a little update, a shame I don’t have much time to work on it…:

https://github.com/CoalaJoe/person_component/raw/master/doc/img/example_cards.png

2 Likes

Hi, I tried this last week and it filled mu log with “Sh** is updating”

I think your idea is really good and probably the one thing that I struggle with the most, presence detection. It is also a topic that shows up on this forum all the time.

If we could assign devices to people and maybe define a priority of devices that would be great.

If my iPhone is home but the Android is not then …
Then I have different trackers for the same phone, rather then having device_tracker trying to work out priorities I could aggregate them all into a person.
Let me know if I can help in any way, I don’t have python experience, but I surly can learn.

I am thinking maybe a DEVICE component would be useful as well, I might see if anyone is interested in that.

Would love some help. I just gratuaded and hopefully get some more time to spend on this component.