Person Entity missing from my "Owner" user

Hi there, as the title says, I no longer have a person entity inside of homeassistant for my one of my user accounts, my “owner” user account to be specific.

When I open the user inside of the /config/person settings page it will not let me edit the person in any way, I get an “Unknown Error” message in red text when I try.

I couldn’t find a lot on this so I attempted to turn off stop homeassistant, open my .storage/auth file and remove the broken user from “users”: and also “credentials”: I then proceeded to promote another user to “owner”. Unfortunately my instance would not start up after this so I had to revert my changes.

I’m back up and running after reverting back the changes I made but still have a broken user with no person entity, how can I resolve this?

I’m still unfortunately having this issue, has anyone else encountered this before that can potentially share a solution?

I also had the same issue. My owner Person showed up in the People admin, but the person entity wasn’t present in automations etc. I went into Configuration > Devices & Services > Entities and searched my person and cleared all the filters, and noticed my owner Person was disabled under Advanced Settings. After re-enabling and restarting, it seems to work now

2 Likes

I was able to fix this by creatimg a new user, making that user an owner, restarting, removing my user, restarting, then recreating my user account. Still not sure what went wrong in the first place but it’s fixed now.