"person" picture in map cards

I had issues with this and someone told me to go to the customization and add it:
Here is a screenshot of mine:

Hope that helps

1 Like

Thank you for the hint. Finaly i get it working with manually changing the “customize.yaml”

person.frauke:
  entity_picture: /local/devices/frauke_05.png
person.manuel:
  entity_picture: /local/devices/manuel_05.png

By the way: The device_tracker entity of my mobiles coming from own_tracks still show the picture (or deny to show it) depending if it is at home or not. I will focus on the persons for now. With them it seems for me i have no problems.

I’m having a similiar issue. If I add the “MAP” to lovelace and add the two person entities, the pictures show. If I use the MAP from the menu on the left, I only see the letter without the image like @sfnetwork’s original post.

I have the icon set in my customize.yaml and in the known_devices.yaml files.

Hey @sfnetwork just wondering, how did you do the layout of the different sections in the right with those intersections in the cards?

I’m trying to get the same thing working and I can’t get any person to show up in the map card.

If I use a device tracker like Life360, the map works fine. But if I use a “person” entity I don’t get anything on the map.

I’ve create the "person"s and assigned all of their devices to them.

Any ideas what might be wrong?

I still have this issue, I just think it’s a bug at this point (or a missing feature…)

@sfnetwork

Does a person entity show up at all? Or it shows up but no picture for the person?

no, in my case, the entity of the person shows up but never with image…

@sfnetwork have you already filed this as a bug on github?

think I did, been a while, not sure, would have to check again…

I like your map could you share it?

I finally got it working!

So this is what I did:

1. Go to File Editor

2. Create a folder in config called www

3. Upload the image there eg. marc2.jpg
    Capture

4. Go to Configuration > Customisations

5. Search for person.name

6. Create an attribute called:

entity_picture
path should be “local/jpgfromstep3.jpg” in my case its “/local/marc2.jpg” (you need the quotes)

entity

1. Save

Go to Map from the sidebar and it should show correctly.

4 Likes

Glad you sorted it out. Yep that was also the problem for me, it was seeing “”/local/marc2.jpg"" even though the customizations.yaml was correct.

Exactly :slight_smile:
My OCD was killing me with this issue for months lol

A bit late but you’ve got street names in your screenshot again :slight_smile:

@sfnetwork Can you share your yaml for that view please? The layout is awesome

I’ve tried to follow through with this thread and unfortunately am getting empty circles for my mobile phone device trackers on the map card:

I have added the additional customization to enable the entity_picture attribute for the device_trackers in question:

And the customizations shows under the entity itself in the Developer screen:

I was using the person entity on the map but I have a MQTT router as a secondary device_tracker to pick up if I’m at home and this device doesn’t have long/lat coordinates and therefore we dissapear from the map when at home.

Am I missing anything obvious?

Try “local” instead of “www”… /local/images/gareth.jpg…

1 Like

No such luck, but I will play around with the image location URL as I have stored the picture in this location in File Explorer:

Tried with and without, plus replacing the www too. Must be something with that :slight_smile:

Alright, so I moved it directly into the www folder and changed the URL to local/image.jpg - works a treat.

Apprecite the help @gabrymed !