Person & Zone only updated occasionally

Hi there!

I’ve read several topics here but it seems like I’m having mildly different problems. If already solved somethere else, sorry! But here we go :slight_smile:

The Issue:
My Home Zone and my Person Entitiy is only updated occasionally. When I check the specific entity from my device tracker (I’m using the GPS method) in the logs, it is correctly showing all the places I’ve been to meanwhile. When I check later in the evening, the zone is showing “1” for the whole day, same for the person entity. When checking the protocols in the dev tools it is constantly updating the location and is able to send it to the HA.

What I tried so far:

• Did the steps “Fresh start” from the troubleshooting page
  • Checked all the sensor settings within the companion app
  • checked that the app has background poermissions and is not in the data saving mode

It seems like everything is working just fine, HA just doesnt seem to process the GPS update, even though its received. Here is an image showing that the person (upper green bar) and the zone graph is only updated once, even though I left the house three times. The lower green bar is from the phone entity, which seems fine.

I know this issue has been discussed a lot in very different ways. I apologize if I missed a solution for this specific issue. Anyway, I would still appreciate any help :slight_smile:
Kind regards!

check that the person entity is configured correctly with the expected entities

as long as the device_tracker is being updated as expected the rest of the logic falls with HA core

Hi dshokouhi, thanks for replying! :slight_smile:

You mean that under settings > person I have selected the right device to be tracked? Thats the case, I double checked that. Thats why I am so confused its only working sometimes.