Persons reporting unknown

I have created a person and the state while in a zone named work reports as unknown.

I currently have one device tracker, owntracks on my phone that is associated to my person and the device tracker itself reports that it’s at work however the persons state is unknown.

Hoping someone could explain what is happening and if there is a potential fix.

Thanks!

You should read this

1 Like

I’m having the same issue. It’s new for me in 0.94.0. I think it has something to do with this:

Modernizing the device tracker

This release also introduces a long overdue overhaul of how the device tracker works. We are introducing this overhaul piece by piece, focusing first on device tracker platforms that push their updates to Home Assistant: mobile app, OwnTracks, GeoFency, GPSLogger and Locative.

These integrations will no longer use known_devices.yaml but instead use entities, like all other integrations in Home Assistant. You can change the name and entity ID via the UI. It is no longer posible to merge the devices with other device tracker entities. This was flaky at best. You should now use the new person integration for this.

But I don’t understand how to fix it yet.

1 Like

@teslas_moustache

That’s the conclusion I came to after trying several other fixes from other forums posts which have so far not resolved the issue.

I’ll be sure to report back if I figure it out.

1 Like

likewise…