Petoneer Fresco Pro

Ive had 2 of them and neither would pair with the tuya based app, both use the Fresco Pro app.

There doesnt seem to be much rhyme or reason to it.

Two what, exactly? Fresco Cat fountains? Petoneer pro cat fountain? Petoneer Fresco Pro?

By Tuya based app, do you mean Tuya, or do you mean Petoneer?

This thread holds all the answers for anyone who’s looking, but there’s no consistency in terms of reference…

FCC ID?
Manufacturer?
Sale/Purchase Region?

I’d hazard a guess that this last onr would be the biggest reason, that you’re looking for, behind your experience… Nevertheless, the additional information will help actually narrow it down to a specific iteration.

Now it some RTFM had also occurred, you’d know precisely which you have based on the software it told you to install.

I have 2 Fresco Pro fountains, purchases from pet retail stores in Australia. Both use the Fresco Pro app.

One purchased a few years ago, and one in 2023.

The manual says to use the fresco pro app. I have them integrated into HA using the custom component linked in this thread.

Its weird that others seem to have the same model, but yet it uses tuya infrastructure.

Same model based on what?

I failed to see the key piece of any “model” identification… Namely the FCC ID, but asked for the manufacturer as well to see if there was a common link at the manufacturing level, or whether it’s merely hardware revisions.

It’s not weird, it’s very clear that there are two communication pathways for this product, so I’m not entirely sure why you’re still surprised…

Regardless, you went so far as reverse the comms and write a custom integration for HomeAssistant, I’d be pissed off if I were you and I picked up a Tuya-variant!

Im away at the moment.

What I am trying to say, obviously not well, is that it doesn’t seem to be easy to tell which platform it uses prior to opening the box and looking at the user guide.

The “model” advertised on the packaging doesnt seem to be a good way to obviously identity which it is.

My impression was the Fresco Pro in Australia used the revogi platform, but it seems you disproved that one.

Looks like i got lucky!

That’s why I queried the FCC ID - let’s put some knowns into this!

Mine in particular came from the Telstra members store… What that actually means or where that comes from is a bit of an unknown, but I do have the FCC ID (which I’ll add when I get to it)

Good idea will grab the details later in the week

I cant find anything on the device itself, without breaking it apart which would make it non water tight — annoying!

Maybe serial but dont know if that would help.

What is interesting – one of them is Labelled Fresco Pro, and the other Petoneer Pro.

I actually wonder if the newer one, that labelled Petoneer, would work with tuya. It would be an interesting experiment for a rainy day.

I have two of these, one still working and being used for its intended purpose, the other I’ve just managed to flash ESPHome onto and am starting to go through finding out pin assignments and trying to reverse engineer some of the functionality to create a custom firmware.

Updates in LibreTiny discord for anyone interested.