Phantom deCONZ events turning lights off

Hey guys, just wanted to see if anyone else has experience with this. I’m getting Phantom deCONZ events that are turning my lights off due to an automation I have set up. I’m definitely not pressing the button so this is weird.

The ZigBee button is a Samsung SmartThings button.
The dongle is a ConBee II

The trigger for my lights off automation looks like this:

platform: event
event_type: deconz_event
event_data:
  unique_id: '28:6d:97:00:01:06:42:54'
  event: 1004

That is obviously the unique id of the button, and the event is a button double press.
I’ve never had problems with this automation in the past, but as of the last week or so, I’ve been having this issue.

Thanks!

3 Likes

I have the same issue with the same set-up as you so I have 2 Samsung SmartThings buttons connected to a ConBee II and I had to disconnect them from the lights they were controlling because of the phantom fired events.
I tried to debug but there is nothing unusual in the debugger info.

Additionally I noticed this behavior about 2 weeks ago after I update Home Assistant, don’t know if this will help. Did you find any solution?

1 Like

That’s about when I noticed it starting too. Nothing is strange in the logs/debug info.

Bug in the latest Core and/or deconz release?

I am noticing the same thing with numerous smartthings buttons. I am using node-red for automation but it is repeating the same thing for hours at a time. It affects the buttons that were utilizing toggle functions, on or off commands are also being replicated, but it’s not critical since it’s only repeating the last command sent. Deconz/smartthings buttons worked flawlessly for years on my system and since update, in late Jan I’ve had to remove many of my buttons or change the setup of them. It’s frustrating, especially since nothing in my setup changed at that time, just an update.

Yeah, it’s definitely a Samsung SmartThings Button issue specifically. I have ZigBee buttons from 3 other brands and none of them have this issue. Really a bummer because I like the form factor of the SmartThings buttons the most. Maybe there will be a patch upcoming?

+1 same here
Deconz, automation and ST button

Has anyone raised an official bug yet?

Just opened it:

2 Likes

Looks like the github problem has been marked stale. Anybody find another solution to this problem? I have 6 of these buttons all useless now…

Found myself recently having this problem as well. The button worked fine during the initial pair. About 4 or so hours later, phantom events starting appearing.

Same problem here: https://github.com/dresden-elektronik/deconz-rest-plugin/issues/4232

Not sure whether you have tested but for me the latest update to Deconz add-on (6.10.0) has addressed this issue for me and my Samsung buttons are now working properly again (after deleting and re-adding them).