Phantom Z-Wave Nodes

Hi,

Is anyone able to help me please with a strange Z-Wave issue?

I only have two Z-Wave devices. One if the Z-Stick Gen 5 and the other is an Aeotec Multisensor 6.

However, when I go into view my nodes I have two ‘phantom’ nodes which have an index but no model or manufacturer. The query stage is stuck at ‘ProtocolInfo’ but the failed column is not ticked.

The two other devices are also in the list with all columns completed as i’d expect.

Is there any way to get rid of these ‘phantom’ entries from the configuration please?

Thanks

Pete

do they show up in your states page as zwave.xx?

And if they are there do they show as “is_failed: true”?

If they do show as failed you should be able to go to the zwave control panel and remove the failed nodes from there.

Unfortunately not. No devices in the states page with zwave. as the prefix.

Pete

Just to give some background - I have no idea if i’ve got this configured the right way.

I have the OpenZWave (beta) integration installed but also the Open ZWave add-on in the Supervisor tab. I’m not 100% sure if I need both or not.

If I use the Web UI in the add-on then I only see the two devices. The phantom entries only show up in the integration.

Pete

Yes, you need both. That’s how it works right now.

Other than that I have little experience with the OZW Beta. I have played with it a but I run the built-in zwave integration.

Ok, thanks for confirming that. At least I know i’ve got part of the setup correct.

The application in the Supervisor panel shows the two phantom devices but if I click one and then try to delete it the following message is shown:

Waiting for the controller to Enter Exclusion Mode.

I don’t know how to do that. Do I need to press the button on the Z-Stick or something?

Thanks

Pete

I doubt that would help.

Have you tried restarting the add-on? Sometimes a “reboot” can perform wonders. :wink:

It’s been rebooted a number of times for upgrades and so on anyway so I don’t think that would help in this instance. :slight_smile:

Rebooted or restarted?

In this case a restart won’t help because restarting doesn’t restart add-ons. Try restarting the add-on itself. Not HA.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I went into the Supervisor panel and selected OpenZWave from the list of add-ons. Then I clicked RESTART and waited. Then when I open the Web UI I get this:

So, it doesn’t look like this has addressed the issue.

Sorry, I’ve got nothing else to suggest at this point.

maybe you could summon fishwaldo or firtof9 for some additional help but I’ll leave that decision up to you.

Same issue here, I have 3 nodes that dont exist in Home Assistant at all but are visible in the OZW Control panel

Nodes 13,28,29 do not show up in the entries viewer but do show up in the control panel

See this post for a method of deleting phantom nodes when using QT OpenZwave (Beta). It works very well.