Philips Air Purifier

just in case - check a bit earlier in this conversation about checking the device type - there seems to be more than one. Has it ever worked in Home assistant? If not the connection refused may indicate it’s the different device type that the integration doesn’t currently support.

My model is PHILIPS AC3829/10 (WIFI)
And it’s first time i’m trying to connect it to HA.

does the MICO hostname show up in your DHCP? If it does that’s one that doesn’t work with the current implementation

1 Like

Yes, MiCO :frowning:

well according to https://github.com/xMrVizzy/philips-airpurifier/issues/6 the writer seems to indicate they’ll update it to work with COAP (which I believe is the one your air purifier uses)… That was 8 days ago, so here’s hoping for you :slight_smile:

IFAIK the COAP version is allready available. Check this:

Tried this already, with no success.
But maby in short future it will work. :slight_smile:

Hi There,
I have Home Assisntant installed on Synology via Docker. I have managed to install HACS and via this I manage to install Philips AirPurifier (with CoAP) ( Authors: shexbeer)
I have read that some component needs to be installed also: Replace pycrypto with pycryptodome.
Can somebody help me how to do it on Synology with HA in docker?
Current situation is that module for AirPurifier is installed but I do not see anything in Home Assisntant (I have updated also configuration.yaml with:
fan:
platform: philips-airpurifier
host: 192.168.100.36
protocol: 2

Good find! I thought the requirements file manifest.json specified what components should be installed (which includes coapthon3 and pycryptodome). Is there anything in the logs about it loading the component?

Thanks, the logs are empty. I have there only warning that component is from HACS. Nothing really interesting.

so you got something specifying that you are using the air-purifier in particular (mine is showing this on the original component, and i’m on the hass core) e.g.

WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom integration for philips-airpurifier which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you do experience issues with Home Assistant.

Yeah this is that message what I see there also. But that is it. I do not see air purifier in home assistant at all.

hmmm, well when I had a problem previously with pycrypto it did show an error in the logs, which makes me think it has loaded it, have you checked in developer tools -> states, and use the search for “fan”?

yes, it is not there :frowning:
this is my configuration.yaml

# Configure a default setup of Home Assistant (frontend, api, etc)
default_config:

# Uncomment this if you are using SSL/TLS, running in Docker container, etc.
# http:
#   base_url: example.duckdns.org:8123

# Text to speech
tts:
  - platform: google_translate

group: !include groups.yaml
automation: !include automations.yaml
script: !include scripts.yaml
scene: !include scenes.yaml
panel_iframe:
  configurator:
    title: 'Configurator'
    url: 'http://192.168.100.XXX:XXX'
    icon: mdi:wrench 
tado:
  username: 
  password: 
device_tracker:
  - platform: tado
    username: 
    password: 
    home_id: 
fan:
  - platform: philips-airpurifier
    host: 192.168.100.36
    protocol: 2
    name: Philips Air Purifier
binary_sensor:
  - platform: car_wash
    weather: weather.gismeteo_daily

I see my air purifier connected in network under name MiCO, it is model PHILIPS AC3033/10.

I attempted to install hass.io with a vmdx file on my Hyper V (architecture x86_64), went through the install of the HACS and then the Philips AirPurifier (with COAP) integration. I had copied the same fan configuration as you except mine is at Protocol: 1.

The install first moaned about a missing coap module but after restarting the box I just got the custom integration for philips-airpurifier warning and it connected fine to the air purifier and the Phlips Air Purifier fan is visible

can you ping mico (possibly from the synology)? Does it resolve to 192.168.100.36? And can you port test that IP - I’m assuming the COAP port is 5683? Mine (on protocol level 1 responds on port 80)
Alternatively you could test a similar config if you can put it in a virtual machine if it’s something to do with Synology?

So I did the same thing. I have used virtual ubuntu on virtualbox and install hass.io + hacs and then Philips AirPurifier (with COAP). I also get the same message like you. After restart the message was gone. But I do not see my purifier at all. I have also tried to use protocol 1 and 2. No luck.

I can ping the 192.168.100.36 in cmd, I am getting response. I have tried to use advanced port scanner to find open ports but it shows me nothing. Only what i found is the name of manufacturer: Shanghai MXCHIP Information Technology Co., Ltd. and name: MiCO.

Basically I see same behavior like on Synology.

Strange - unless this one doesn’t have any open ports - does the AirMatters app work on the mobile? In which case are you able to Network capture what goes through to the air purifier to see if there is any traffic destined from a working device.

Also for your home assistant have you got other devices attached that can communicate outside of docker ok?

Not sure if others on here have the same model that will be able to confirm if it works for them?

Hi, are you able to try the component https://github.com/shexbeer/philips-airpurifier instead as found by @ondrabanov making sure you set the Protocol version to 2?

1 Like

Home assistant is working. There is also communication with my tado (discovered in network) and my smart plugs.

App air matters is also getting info from purifier.
I have tried to port scan from laptop the ip address of purifier up to 50000 and nothing.
I think i need something to monitor traffic between router and purifier itself.

Meybe somebody can use this, i have found a Chinese web with firmwares for this purifier… i think.

https://code.aliyun.com/MXCHIP_iotad_zhaohongyu_projects/mico-os/commit/b0d0359787faebe664c5fc1c2c9a7af03d3255f6
My air purifier has firmware

Firmware Version: [email protected]