Philips CX3550 Fan integration

Hello,

I just bought an Philips CX3550 it has wifi and works fine with the Philips Air+ App.
Does anyone know if it is possible in any way to connect it with Home Assistant?

Hi Dominik, welcome to the forum!

From searching ‘Philips Air’ on the forum I bumped on this: Fan control with set_preset_mode

Hi Nick,

thanks.
I’ve checked it and it seems like the linked post uses this integration correct?

I’ve tested it and connecting it ends up in an timeout.

Sorry, I don’t have such a device but I assumed that if you get the Philips Air integration working you might be lucky with you fan as well.
It seems there is no ready-made solution so you have to search and try related solutions.

You’re new to the forum but might be using HA for a longer time. (or not)
Some advice: if you buy a device that should be smart or you want to make it so, check this before buying it.
I don’t know what such a fan costs; I made some dumb fans smart by adding a smart plug that also reads power usage. Did the same one for a dumb washing machine.
Of course it’s a little less elegant but probably cheaper + you don’t have to rely on the manufacturer of that particular device.

Thank you. I’ll try out a little bit more the next weeks when I’m having more Tim.

Yes, I’m new to the forum but absolutely not new to smart home stuff and HA. I also did the same you did with the washing machine :slight_smile:
I’ve decided for the fan because if it’s fan feature and not because it is a smart device (the reason to buy it was that it Is only 19db loud) but I hoped to get rid of the Philips app and just integrate it into my other smart home stuf…

I’ll update this post when I found a solution :slight_smile:

Would be awesome if you share if/when you have a solution.

at the moment I’m scanning for ventilators with HA integration. Don’t get yourself a Duux (13db) if you like the integration, you removed it couple of years ago and I just checked with the helpdesk, it isn’t possible at the moment.