Philips Hue Bloom keeps dropping right after connecting to ZHA

Hello all -
This is a similar thread as here

TL;DR:

1. I switched all my Hue bulbs and lights to use ConBee II of which I’ve had many devices already attached with no issues.
  2. I have a Hue Dimmer Switch and reset all devices successfully and added them to ZHA.
  3. I have 3 Hue Bloom devices all experiencing the same behaviour: after being reset they connect - accept one or two commands and then become unresponsive. They are located in widely different locations around the house and have been reset multiple times and re-added with the same behaviour

This only happens with the Hue Bloom devices - all others (lights, lamps, etc.) work without issue.
Can anyone think of anything I can do? Mine are of the LLC011 variety.

Thanks.

1 Like

Okay, so I solved it. Kinda.

Variables:

1. distance
  2. type of light
  3. host for HAOS
  4. type of Zigbee adapter.

A) I first tried switching from ZHA to ZHA, ConBee ii to Sonoff P.
This resulted in a huge headache. While the radio migration went okay, and Sonoff would control my legacy Zigbee devices, for the life of me I could not get the adapter to pair with anything new, let alone the problem lights up there. I tried different ports, different extension cables, bringing the lights and other Zigbee devices right next to the Sonoff adapter… no cigar.

B) I migrated back to ConBee. I brought the LLC011s down, right next to the adapter, and noticed that the problem went away. For some reason, the adapter that’s used just in these lights couldn’t mesh in whatever other Zigbee devices I had near it and would always stop working after 3, 4 initial commands.

Okay so I had found a semi-solution. I moved some lights around, to bring the LLC011’s as close to ConBee ii as possible. This seems to have solved the problem. Super strange, at least to my ignorant mind.

Another interesting thing… one of the LLC011 now sits in the same spot it used to sit, but works however another LLC011 now sits between it and the ConBee ii - I haven’t looked at the Zigbee topology to see if they’re directly connected to each other and the radios inside them happier when they’re bouncing off of each other or no.

Anywho - I hope this helps someone else with these lights. Drove me crazy for a week.

Having major issues with the blooms in my HA setup. All worked flawlessly with a hue bridge but having tried 2 dongles, ZHA and Z2M I am at my wits end with them. I can only guess the antennas are just very poor :frowning: