Philips Hue Dimmer Switch v2 (Zigbee2MQTT)

That is weird that your devices do not expose the _action entity.

All my dimmers have those, for example:

sensor.bedroom_hue_dimmer_action

@thotha - Looks like your dimmer switch is not exactly the “Philips Hue Dimmer Switch v2” as indicated in the subject of this thread. Your’s dimmer got a dial, so that’s a different model.

As you can see, it‘s the model of this conversation.

Ok, so where should I search fir a solution?
In/for Zigbee2MQTT, MQTT, Mosqitto Brocker, Home Assistant Core, Hassio, Sonoff Stick?

After search the internet with this search one of the first results is this one and close to the bottom I did find the solution to this problem.
I do not know with which update within the last few days this happened but suddenly the mentioned setting legacy triggers was disabled.
Maybe you could mention somewhere that if a user as problems with your blueprint, he should check that setting within Zigbee2MQTT.

Sorry for this trouble.

1 Like

Bit confused, does this reprogram the buttons just like Switch Manager, and can it also support RWL021?

It’s a blueprint so that you can create an automation and specify different actions for different buttons and press types.

It may work with RWL021 as the action names look compatible, but I didn’t test it.

This blueprint is perfect for my needs! :grinning:

Recently, I added a new automation to the blueprint and selected my light group. However, I have noticed a slight delay of around 1 second when I toggle the light and it turns on. But when I toggle it again and the light turns off, there is no delay. I wonder if anyone knows how I can change the delay only when the light turns off, so it matches the same delay as when the light goes on.

Thank you.

Thanks for this blueprint - works perfectly within areas or specific lights.
But I don’t understand why the dimming is not supported.
I tried to use “UP Button hold” to let the lights go up in 10% steps.
Tried to change the brightness_pct which didn’t work.

But changing it via yaml editor did not work:

service: light.toggle
metadata: {}
data:
  brightness_step_pct: 10
  transition: 1
target:
  area_id: kuche

Why is that not supported and how can I achieve this?

THX!

You probably need to use light.turn_on service instead of the toggle.