Philips HUE Smart Button - 5 press actions + hold-to-dim

sorry but which new “actions” are you referring to ? do I have to replace lights:toggle by something else ?

Are you on the latest version of the blueprint? there’s a bunch of new dimming actions at the bottom of the blueprint config

hm maybe not, but as you posted several links and some versions seems to be different, may I ask you to give me a central place where I’m sure to always get the latest version of it ?

Or can I easily get it to update from inside HA ? (I’m usually creating automations from scratch so sorry if the question sounds a little stupid, I’m not really familiar with blueprints yet) :wink:

No worries :slight_smile: if you check the first post I changed it to a GitHub repository now, so that will always be the latest and it shows you the last modified date too

1 Like

Hi there !

So I went to the github, and did manually edit the blueprint yaml. then restarted HA.

here is how my blueprint looks like, basically first press togget lights of my z2m light group. second press calls a scene 20%, then next press 40%, and so on.

what do you suggest me to change ?

What I did for now is I removed this tuya plug from the group, and keep it on… but it’s not ideal.

So try this:

• Leave the short button release action empty
  • Dim light entity - set this to Salon (Z2M light group)
  • Enable toggle dim light entity first press
  • Also enable hold to dim if you want it.

See if it works better without your toggle action and using my one instead

1 Like

I works ! the new lamp is now working.

Last question: how do I make sure that initial press fires the lights at 80% brightness ? Now, they simply do re-start at the “previous” brightness level.

thanks ! :slight_smile:

No worries! I’ll have to add that as an extra option so I’ll update the blueprint at some point :slight_smile:

I’ve just updated the blueprint with an option for you to set the toggle brightness :slight_smile:

Also improved the logic for initial dim direction so that it uses the internal delay and correctly dims up/down upon first button hold. This will kick in after 2x the multi press delay otherwise it will dim in the current direction before reversing as before.

The config is getting a bit long now so I tried to improve the notes for each option. If anyone has suggestions on how to improve just say here

1 Like

Hurayyy testing this now !

EDIT : it works like a charm. Perfect !!!

1 Like

Hi pal,

Couldn’t get this working at all :frowning:

Hey man ignore that version and try the latest version from the github link in the first post. Z2M is officially part of the main blueprint now

That’s great thanks. 1 thing
It says HUE Smart Button Device (HUE & ZHA)
The button device to use for the automation (do not fill if using Zigbee2MQTT).

It says it’s required when I try to save

Also, what should I fill in as the MQTT topic for Z2M? Not sure what this is
Thanks

Hmm that’s strange maybe try editing your yaml and removing the device bit completely… For me it’s fine blank and others here

If you look through this thread there’s examples of people with Z2M and a mqtt topic which ends in /action

Sorry I’m not too sure the steps they found it as I don’t use Z2M myself

Worst case you can monitor mqtt traffic when you press the button

Thanks, I got the action working which succesfully triggers the automation, however I have put my “front door group” lights which are hue bulbs via zigbee2mqtt as the “toggle/diom light entity” and the lights are still not coming on and off?

EDIT: Nvm fixed… helper was too short!

Brilliant glad you sorted it :slight_smile:

Hi,

Im very new on HA. If I create that text ‘helper’ file and select it, the button actions didn’t work and this is the error I receive:
‘Executed: 28 maart 2023 om 12:57:10
Result:
params:
domain: persistent_notification
service: create
service_data:
Invalid Config: “Helper - Last Controller Event” is not set or too short.
Set max length to 500 or more.
title: Philips Hue Smart Button
target: {}
running_script: false
limit: 10’

I don’t know how and where I have to correct this.

If you go to the page where you created the helper and click it, there’s a tab with settings where you can change the length which will currently be 100, make it 500

Hello,

When I go tot the page where I can add a helper there are no tabs and clicking on the text ‘helper’ there isn’t the possibility to change any value. Am I on the right page?

Go to config/helpers, click on the helper you’re using, go to settings tab and change maximum length

Hello again,

With all respect, there isn’t the option to adjust it, see attachment