Philips WelcomeEye

This is a 1 step in the right direction.

Iā€™m not sure you will be able to get much from the decompiled app, unfortunately.

I did try to do the same without success, because all the functions to connect to the doorbell are inside a
.so library, which is compiled for Android and therefore it cannot be used on Linux.
Maybe you can have a look at this thread, it looks like there are some tools to reverse engineer .so libraries, but it seems to be really complex.

The library is called ā€œglnkio.soā€ if Iā€™m not mistaken (sorry I donā€™t have the code anymore, I would need to decompile it again), but I noticed that something has been changed in the latest versions of the app due to the fact that they have added usersā€™ management in the app.

To summarize, without the original SDK (or some APIs provide by Philips), Iā€™m not sure there is a way to integrate the device in HA.
Another important point is that the device doesnā€™t seem to allow multiple connection simultaneously; this means that if you have a physical monitor connected to the doorbell, you cannot see the camera when another device is connected to it (you can test it by opening the doorbell camera on the mobile app, you will see that the physical monitor is not usable). So, even if there will be a way to connect the device to HA, the risk is that the monitor will not be usable anymore if the device is constantly connected to HA.

2 Likes

yeah unfortunately I had not so many success like expected with understanding the java code I got from decompile. I found code sections which are displaying the connection, but I cannot find the code which is doing the network connection. Maybe that is like you mentioned in the *.so file.

I tried as well to send TCP & UDP requests to the doorbell. Found that for UDP all ports are open, for TCP only specific. But that doesnā€™t help, because I need to know what to send to doorbell.

An SDK would be very nice. Unfortunately got no reply from philips. Seems they are not interested. But I am still open for an answer.

ā€œAnother important point is that the device doesnā€™t seem to allow multiple connection simultaneouslyā€ that is a big point I not recognized! If the door bell rings and I open the doorbell app then you are right, the doorbell stopped to ring.

I have another idea. The doorbell is in my setup connected with two monitors, both are ringing if the doorbell is pushed. Maybe I can catch the doorbell activation physically by connecting a component between doorbell & monitor, so that the component between can send to home assist the doorbell signal. For me it is enough to catch only the doorbell signal so that I can control based on signal other components.

1 Like

That could be an option, but honestly I donā€™t know how to implement it, even though I thought about that as well. To be honest, I have no idea on how the two wires are sending all the data to the monitors, I guess there is a specific protocol that is used to send both video/audio from the camera, as well as the trigger on the physical button. Ideally it should be easy to get at least a notification when the button is pressedā€¦ it should be feasible by adding an ESP8266 or something like that, and connect one of the pin to the physical button to track when the button is pressed, but it means that you need to open the doorbell and solder some wires on the button, which will be definitely an invasive action. I donā€™t know if there is a way to decode the data sent by the doorbell to the monitor, and maybe intercept it by putting something in between.

hi guys, I found this thread while looking for a solution to integrate my video doorbell by Vidos (specifically Vidos M11W-X). I grabbed log files from Vidos iOS app backup and I found some references to Philips WelcomeEye there:
com.extel.philipswelcomeeye

It made me think that there are some similarities between those products and after getting trough your research Iā€™m pretty sure both apps are written by the same developers and the infrastructure is hosted on the same servers.
I wanted to ask you if you checked log files from the Philips app as there seems to be some interesting stuff in mine (like MQTT server address or specific UDP port: 56301).
I havenā€™t been able to get any groundbreaking results but maybe there is something interesting on your end. Iā€™m willing to share my log files via DM if you may find it helpful in any way.
all the best in 2024!