Philips WelcomeEye

Hello,
has anybody tried to work with WelcomeEye from Philips?

To be honest I have now idea where to start, for me it would be a cool feature as I could connect the doorbell with hue lights and so on.

There is a doorstation and a hardwired monitor via BUS. The Monitor itself is connected to WLAN to and one can use the app to view camera live or answer the door, there is a notification when the doorbell has been pushed.

Link: Discover our video door phones | Philips

Hey!
not only you but also i need an addon for the welcome eye home system to trigger automations.

1 Like

Hello,

I have the same doorbell and I tried to find a way to integrate it to Home Assistant, but I believe it’s not something easy to do (or even feasible at this time).
I did several researches and tests, below some findings that might be interesting to share:

1. The doorbell has no RTSP capabilities, hence it cannot be integrated using the generic camera integration.

2. The app itself it’s quite old, it does not provide any integration capabilities with third party services, while this can be done with the Philips WelcomeEye Link.

3. I tried to look into the application logs on both Android and iOS and I was able to find the local IP address of the camera. I tried to check if there were any open ports, but it doesn’t seem to be the case.
    By checking the MAC address associated to that IP, the manufacturer associated to it seems to be “SHENZHEN BILIAN ELECTRONIC CO. , LTD”.
    Something interesting about cameras produced by the same company can be found here, but I tried also the latest scripts and they doesn’t seem to work for me (probably the protocol is different).

4. I tried to decompile the .apk of the Android app, to see if something useful could be found in the code.
    Apparently the latest versions have been obfuscated, but it is still possible to retrieve most of the source code by decompiling one of the old versions.
    From the source code, I was able to understand that the camera is based on a Chinese P2P protocol called Goolink (this is apparently their website).
    It seems like they have an SDK available, but I was not able to find it; the only thing you can find online is a documentation on GiHub (github .com/Goolink/documentation).
    I can confirm that the protocol is the same, because I was able to connect my phone to the Philips camera using the Goolink application.

5. Since it’s not possible to find a Linux version of the SDK, I tried to write a simple Android app by reusing the .so libraries available retrieved from the decompiled .apk, and I was able to connect.
    I built a simple RTSP server on the app, to share the frames to Home Assistant using the generic camera integration, which seems to work but it has a lot of delay. In any case, it’s not really convenient as you would need to have an Android phone/emulator always on just to run this app and to allow HA to connect. On top of that, when the camera is “busy” because connected to your phone, the internal monitor will not work, so if someone rings the bell I believe you will not hear the chime from the internal device.

These are some of my findings, let me know if you want more details or if you see any other option that can be explored to integrate the doorbell to HA.

3 Likes

Dear ak1312, I’m interested in more details in order to open the garden door using HA.

We tried to reverse the app but, as you said, it is not that easy :sweat_smile:

We can exchange via PM if you want.

1 Like

me too, I would love to integrate this

1 Like

For me it would be a big win if i get the event of ringing the bell, meaning pushing the button. Having a live video feed would be awsome, but would be only a plus.

Having the information I could turn on my lights in the doorway.

1 Like

Hey Folks!

there’s a new version of the app available (Germany). You’ll have to register first to use the service. Maybe there are some new APIs that are accessible to us?

Hi, sorry but I didn’t see the message earlier.

Sure, send me a DM if you have any questions and I’ll try to come back to you as much as I can! :slight_smile:

I’ve also tried to open the gates linked to the doorbell, but I had some error and honestly I didn’t go too much in depth since, in any case, you need to rely on an always on Android phone or emulator.
Without an official SDK or some APIs we can’t do a lot I guess.

For your information, I’ve also sent an email to the Chinese company that develops the SDK used by the Philips app, to see if they can provide an official version of it, but they said that they share the SDK only to business partners…

I’ve seen it too and installed on my main phone, but I believe they did it just for privacy/legal reasons.

It could be interesting though to check the apk to see if there are big changes, but I think the latest versions are highly obfuscated so it might be complex.

Hey friends, I would love to integrate that one too, could be a great win.

Looking forward

1 Like

Removed it due to not being able to integrate, and use a Unifi G4 doorbell, very happy with that

Hi guys,

are there any news regarding the WelcomeEye?

BTW: Is the Goolink app better to use that the app from Philips?
What is the user name requiered if you use the Goolink app?

No news unfortunately… I tried to reach out the company behind the Goolink app, to see if it was possible to get the SDK documented on their GitHub page, but they told me that the SDK is given to business partners only. :frowning:

The Goolink app is definitely worse than the Philips one (I know it sounds weird, since Philips app is pretty bad, but that’s it :sweat_smile:).

However, if you want to give it a try, you need to enter the UUID of your device, which can be found in the doorbell settings, while for the password is a bit more tricky… I think it’s a sort of encrypted version of the password that you set on the physical device, I was able to find it in plain text in the application logs of the Philips iOS app. I’ve used the Console app on macOS, if you connect your iPhone to the Mac while the Console is open, you can monitor all the logs and I was able to find the UUID and the password there.

Thank’s for getting back.
That really sounds complicated. But, I have trust in your judgement that the Goolink app is even worse.

By the way:
Do you have an idea how to connect to WelcomeEye from outside the home network?
I don’t wanna use the damn P2P cloud service which is why my router prevents the WelcomeEye to connect to the internet.
I would like to access the camera from outside via a VPN tunnel which works perfect for everything in my home network that can be addressed by an IP address.

But is there a way to access this stupid UUID device via VPN?

Hello, as far as I know this is the only way to access it.
All the ports on the doorbell IP, based on what I was able to test, are closed.

By the way, I did some extra researches online/on GitHub and I was able to find this repository.

I’m not sure what is all about, but if you look into the file goolink_apiv2.h inside the “goolink” folder, there are apparently the same APIs described on this Goolink page.
I don’t know if they are or not useful, from a first look they seems to be used to send messages to the cloud (i.e.: an alarm, video data, etc.) while we should do the opposite.

Anyway, I’m not a C/C++ expert, so maybe there is something that I’m missing here… I can’t even understand where this code is intended to be run.
If someone with a better knowledge can have a look, maybe we can see if there is something useful in there to get some data from the doorbell. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I am an additional interested person to have that feature. Further I would like to support on any implementation required for integration. Has anyone started with integration? If not I would like to start, have as well not many experiances with C/C++, but maybe my .NET knowledge could help me to be familiar with.

1 Like

this would be very good

1 Like

Hello,

I am very interested as well, I can’t find any alternative to this not too bad WelcomeEye product.
I would like the RTSP stream, wich was there before and closed since some old firmware update.
Retreiving an old firmware could do the trick, but how ?

as for my battery Ezviz Cam, a way to wake-up the video stream and “read” it would ne enough for me for integrating it in MotionEye.
If the API allows to have a real Push notification on even (motion detection ?), this would be awsome.

I was looking for the new Ezviz HP7, but it seems it does not provide any RTSP open stream…

available to help with my very limited dev skills

1 Like

WelcomeEye has apps for andriod & iphone with push notification if anyone use the doorbell, alread tested and works ok. Therefore quite sure it should be possible. Thank you for collaborate with me!

I asked ChatGpt how to start: Integrating Doorbell in Home. Think we should start with step 3, because 1 & 2 are already done. Would like to setup a chat or something to don’t mess this thread and can communicate more easy. Does home assist forum support something for that?

1 Like

I am not familar with wireshark, but I see a UDP connection to 255.255.255.255, when I connect with my phone the doorbell cam. Info: 50405 → 1500 Len=36 bzw. 5003 → 5000 Len 18. Broadcast connection from port to port. Data are not very helpful without context.

Wrote philips support, asked for an API documentation for the doorbell to integrate it with home assist. I expect no positive answer, but it is a try.

Next days I will try to get the sources of the apps via reverse engineering. Not many experiance with that but will try.

UPDATE:

Started on my github account a repo, already reverse engineered the android app. In https://github.com/suadin/doorbell/blob/main/analysis.md you can find my current outcome.

Feel free to support me by following the preparation steps in that document. When I get a good picture, I will write in .NET a prototype to control the door bell. If that works fine we could start integration into home assist.

3 Likes