Philips Wiz (not Hue) Bulbs: how can we advocate for an API

I removed the hacs integration. He installed native integration and the lights were easily discovered. They just have different names. I named them as before and they work. The only problem was that I had scenes created earlier. The new integration creates another entity, a number, for each light. I don’t need it, so I banned them. The original scenes had warnings in the log, so I deleted them and recreated them. I only have 4, it was easy.

Gotcha. I have scenes for all of the WiZ presets (Romance, Sunset, Pastel Colors, etc.), but the scenes are all set to my “All Lights” group, so I think it should be easy so long as I keep the same entity names. Will report back.

I’m happy to say that as long as you rename your entities the same as the previous HACS integration, everything works just fine and you shouldn’t need to tweak any scenes/scripts/HomeKit integrations.

1 Like

Now, when the wiz integration is officially out, I wonder how to move to it from HACS version without having to re-setup everything. Any smart way to do it?