Phone Rings through Google home speaker & Listen to the alarm sound

Hi Guys,
Please, can you help me solve a problem I have? I have a hearing problem ( 80% Deaf )

1. I want to know when I get a call at night that the phone rings and the ring sound can come through my Google Home speaker so that I can hear it.

2. Would Google Home speaker or Wyse Cam be able to switch lights on when either one " hears " my Alarm system when it’s activated?

Any suggestion to be able to detect when my Alarm system is activated when I am sleeping?

Thanks Guys

What sort of alarm do you have?

Is it integrated into HA?

Hi Tom,
No not at the moment, will do in the future. Need something at the moment.
Thanks

On the assumption that the alarm cannot send a message to HA, and the only way it could find out is through the noise the alarm makes, you could look at the Broadlink A1. This can monitor sound levels, and since it integrates with HA, you have some hope of doing ‘something’ when there’s a loud noise. I’ve been trying to buy the A1 for air quality monitoring, but it seems to be unavailable on eBay at the moment.

1 Like

There are plenty of cheap loud sound detection modules on Aliexpress and ebay, you could hook one of them up to an ESP board running esphome.

1 Like