Photodash: a photo-focused Home Assistant dashboard

Hey everyone! I’m excited to announce the beta release of Photodash, a new alternative Home Assistant dashboard that’s available as an add-on or standalone.

I’ve been working on this project off-and-on for quite awhile now, first as something basic we used in our house for a few years, and now as something I’ve rewritten some scratch because I thought it would benefit the wider community. Photodash is a Home Assistant dashboard that is focused primarily on being a digital photo frame. It’s great for wall mounted tablets. Point it at a Google Photos album, or add photos to the /share folder on your Home Assistant install, and Photodash will automatically play a continuous, randomized photo slideshow.

Create views with tiles that can be dragged, dropped, and resized. When you want to see your views, tap the screen and they will appear over your slideshow. After 30 seconds of inactivity, the views fade out and your photos take center stage once again. Configuration is completely UI-based; no fiddling with YAML or JSON. To convince people to try a new alternative frontend, I knew configuration had to be low-friction.

Photodash is still in early beta and undergoing heavy development. There will be some bugs and breaking changes. But it should be largely stable at this point. Things that are on the roadmap next include many more tile types and on-screen notifications. Photodash is open source, and contributions from the community are welcomed!

To find out more and get started, check out the documentation at https://photodash.apop.tech.

Screenshots:

Support further development through Buy Me a Coffee

6 Likes

Hello @apop and thank you for your investment.
Does this integration support the convenient new Network storage mode introduced in HA V2023.6?
A planned evolution if not?

THANKS

Installation gives this error:

23-10-13 07:42:41 WARNING (SyncWorker_5) [supervisor.addons.validate] Add-on config ‘startup’ with ‘before’ is deprecated. Please report this to the maintainer of Photodash

This is awesome and exactly what I was looking for!

After setup when I go to create my first configuration, I get the following error: Error fetching entities from Home Assistant

Any thoughts on the problem?

it is not working, and it does not have any support.

Is this project abandoned?