Physical Phone Volume Buttons - Associate with Button Card?

I’ve worked hard to setup a tab to control my entire theater system and it works great, but not having physical volume buttons isn’t ideal. Is there a way to associate the actual volume buttons on the side of my phone to control the volume of my theater receiver when in use?

Would love if this was possible.

I just have to ask… Why not use the real remote if you want real buttons?

I have my reasons. Mostly because I want all controls in one place and easy to use. And using a Playstation controller to navigate menus while having another controller for volume is stupid. And yes, I have a Harmony Hub and remote, which I use in my integrations, but it’s not nearly as flexible or open as Home Assistant, which is why I prefer to use Home Assistant.

Isn’t the phone a different control :man_shrugging:

Anyways it’s probably possible if you find an app that can remap the volume buttons to do a different action, or more than one action.
Not sure I would want either to be honest.
If I want to raise the call volume then I don’t want the speakers to get louder as an example.
But perhaps there is a way to make it work correctly.

The Harmony app does this (only while using the Harmony app) and I’d love for HA to surface the same controls (but only while the app has focus).

I always lose the TV remote, but I almost always have my phone on me.

hi Zach,

did you, at the end, got the physical buttons associated?
I do understand why you wanted this!

Fortunately I did, but not intentionally. I believe the side buttons either (a) control the volume of whatever media player you’re actively playing from, or (b) are working this way for me because I’m using SpotCast with Spotify and it automatically assigns whatever media player is using SpotCast as the primary player.

What exactly are you trying to use the side buttons for?