Pi 5 won't boot OS 12.1

Hello everyone,
maybe I’m misunderstanding something but I was under the impression that with OS 12 onwards, Pi 5 is officially supported, at least that’s what I gathered from the changelog.

After updating to 12.1 I grabbed the SD card and stuffed it into my freshly arrived Pi 5 but the bootscreen keeps saying something like “OS doesn’t indicate it supports Raspberry Pi 5, to ignore this message please change OS-probe in some text-file.”

Did I miss something? Am I doing something wrong?

Have a nice weekend!
Halest

There are separate images for Pi 5, Pi 4, Pi 3 and Pi 2. Did you flash the correct one ?

Hey,
oh, a couple of years back I thought I had read that HassOS is basically Plug and Play, so I assumed I could just switch over the SD Card?
Then how is the process? Do a clean install and then try to import a backup?

To be honest, I find the rewritten install-tutorial to be quite a downgrade from before and it to be more convoluted than ever but maybe that’s just me.

Correct. :slight_smile:

Alright, I’ll do so, thanks and have a nice weekend!

I have a fresh Raspberry Pi 5 /4GB straight from the box as well as a newly bought SanDisk Extreme 64GB. Used Pi Imager v1.8.5 insalled HA OS 12.1. The Pi is connected to LAN, keyboard and screen. Nothing happens? I installed Raspian OS Lite on the card and the Pi starts. Is there an issue with Pi5/4GB and OS 12.1? ( I have the original 27W power supply)