Pi Python Install

I recently migrated from a VM based install of HA to a dedicated pi solution.

Following the guide to Pi install, I had no issues, and installed the OS directly onto my Pi. I successfully restored from a backup I’d just taken and within minutes almost everything was back up and running.

I have one integration that I’m struggling to get back, and I’ve reached the end of my understandning of the issues and I’m wondering if it’s a restriction on the install method I used?

I’ve removed the integration and then redownloaded from HACs, but whatever I do, I get this error in the logs when I try and enable the integration.

Logger: homeassistant.config_entries
Source: config_entries.py:865
First occurred: 16:39:53 (2 occurrences)
Last logged: 17:13:38

Error occurred loading flow for integration birdbuddy: cannot import name 'BirdBuddy' from 'birdbuddy.client' (/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/birdbuddy/client.py)

WHats dragged me down into a hole is that I don’t have a directory called /usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages which I’m guessing is the issue. None of my google searches have given me sensible next steps on how to resolve the lack of that directory (and presumably something else python related)

Any help is much appreciated, even if that advice is that I need to go down a different install route on the pi.

You might have to ask whomever created Bird Buddy because that folder you are trying to find is inaccessible to you if you are on the HAOS because what YOU see is a docker container and the file you are trying to find is in the main system docker container. The developer might be able to shine some light on the issue and it might be related to the version of HA or any number of other factors.