Picture-elements calendar end time always at GMT+00

Hello,

I faced unexpected problem with picture elements state label from timer entity.

Timer itself says correctly:

Finishes at
October 5, 2024 at 11:15:23

But in picture elements the date is in format:
2024-10-05T08:15:23+00.00

And I’ve not found a way to overcome this. Except creating separate helper with value template and that is probably bit overkill for my nice-to-have feature atm.

Is there any way to fix it? Should I submit a bug for it or is this intended functionality?

Picture elements may not show a desired format, cannot test myself. Probably a good feature request.
Entities card may show you a desired format.
So, place your entity on the Entities card, place the Entities card on the Picture elements card as a custom element, card-mod this element to remove borders and background to make it looking like a state-label. Long way.

If even a standard row in Entities card does not give you a desired look - then use template-entity-row inside that Entities card))) and define a templated state look manually.

Thanks for the tip! I’ll try that.

Oh I spotted from developer tool states that the functionality comes directly from the timer. So I’ll make a feature request for it soon.

Btw creating new helper template sensor was pretty simple to implement and it provides times at correct timezone. It can be added directly as state-label and all seem to be correct.

My template in case someone is scratching their head with same issue:

{{ as_timestamp(state_attr(‘timer.your_timer_name_here’, ‘finishes_at’))|timestamp_custom(“%d.%m.%Y - %H:%M”) }}

This gives dates in format: dd.mm.yyyy - HH:MM

Placing an original timer on a card will give an opportunity to open more-info and control the timer