Picture Glance Card behaviour inconsistent across Ring products?

Hi,

I have two Picture Glance cards setup, one to display the Ring Doorbell camera and another to display the Ring Floodlight Cam.

The Doorbell card shows the static first frame from the last captured video as expected, but the Floodlight card always starts playing the last recorded video (at a VERY low framerate) without me interacting with the card. Clicking the cards brings up the ‘full’ screen video on both.

Both cards are setup the same way via the UI with the Camera Entity field set to camera.[camera name] for both cards, and all other fields left as their defaults.

Is this a known issue with the Ring Floodlight Cam/Picture Glance card and should I be using a different card type for showing static images?

Also, is there a way to show the date/timestamp on the card so that I can see when the video was last taken rather than having to hover over my ‘Last Activity’ icon?

Lastly, other than this Feature Request, which has had no meaningful activity since March this year, is there any other way I can track the progress of the effort to implement camera preview snapshots?

Thanks in advance

Does the ring doorbell camera continously capture? If so, I would expect it to behave like the second floodlight camera. Because the floodlight camera is the default behavior.

To change those cameras to a live full framerate, use

camera_view: live

I didn’t think the Ring cameras allowed live streaming?

In answer to your question, no the Doorbell shows what I thought was the expected behaviour; that is, it is the first frame of the most recently captured video. If I click the Doorbell preview, the video starts from the frame shown on the card. It’s not capturing otherwise.

The disconcerting thing is that I glance at the Ring cards and think I’m looking at a still of my driveway and front porch from earlier in the day, and then BAM, the headlights come on on one of the cars on the driveway, which scares the living bejebus out of me. :rofl: