Piper in Add assistant once set does not want to change

I seem to be unable to select any other options from voices once it has been set the first time in the visual tools. It seems to be locked from selecting other voices. This persists even if deleted and recreated.

1 Like

me too. I go to home assistant → settings → addons → piper → config → and pick any other language

piper asks to restart but still the other piper voice is not available when going home assistant → settings → voice assistant.

The year of the voice is going to be a real flop if a bug like this is not even taken into consideration 18 days after…
I’m also having the same problem… not to difficult to reproduce and probably not difficult to fix.

Let me contribute.
The problem seems to happen only if an already cached sentence is repeated after changing the voice.
Trying with a different sentence the voice is correctly used.
Can’t find the way to clean the cache though

1 Like

Based on the finding of my previous post, the solution to have all the messages (also the one decoded before the voice change) with the newly selected voice is to issue a TTS Clean Cache command (i.e. using Developer Tools

1 Like

I had the same problem, but restarting home assistant solved it for me.

( I signed up to post this, so I hope, this will help someone :smiley: )

This didn’t work for me with 2023.12.3 .

Clearing the TTS cache didn’t help. Even restarting HA did nothing. I’m stuck on the same voice, from when I initially set it up. Guess I’ll remove and reinstall Piper.

My understanding it that Piper uses the voice that you specify for a given Assistant under Settings → Voice Assistants, for example:

At least, that’s what has so far worked for me.

That’s where I was making the change.

No matter what voice I set it to there… only “libritts” comes out of my Sonos…es. (Sonosi?).

It does change the voice when I play through my browser though… perhaps it’s something with the Sonos and NOT with piper?

I figured it out. I needed to make the change in the Piper “add on” configuration, not in “Settings → Voice Assistants” .

I’m able to change my TTS voice.