Pir sensors tuya no in HA

hi, i upgraded to the latest tuya version including HA.
the only major problem is that HA doesn’t see my PIR sensors.
in the Smartlife app all is there but in HA no PIR sensors to see or find.
anybody has an idea why this is happening?
and/or how to solve this?

i dont see it here: Tuya - Home Assistant

now all my sensors are useless :pleading_face:

I would suggest using Localtuya instead of the native integration, but I’m not sure, if your PIR is supported - you can try and see.

Localtuya also doesn’t support motion sensors.
if you want to stick with your sensors, you can use ping based solution, but you might face 4-5 seconds delay.

with a huge delay these sensors looses their functionality.
now i use scenes via the tuya app.
but this makes HA rather useless with tuya used this way

1 Like

Same problem here. Temporarily I’ve started to use the “smart” functions in the Tuya Smart Life app, which gets round it. But as you say, it kind of defeats the point of Home Assistant. Or at best reduces its usefulness.

Guess it’s time to look at other PIR solutions.

After checking my other devices i concluded that the whole tuya integration fails significantly. Co2 or other climate Sensors (zigbee related or not) do not work, tried 6 motion sensors did not work, cameras several types don’t show up. Bottom line with all the poo-ha that the tuya integration was announced, over 40% of my HA is useless and need 3th party apps and tricks to keep my system up and running. Changed everything over time into tuya to avoid software disturbances, but was a huge mistake afterwards. Sad and waisted hours for nothing.

1 Like