Pixel problems

Hi,
Not sure if this should be here but my PI 3 was AIO’ed so thought it should be here.
My RPI 3 recently updated itself to Pixel and now is completely useless for anything other than as a brick, as it is so slow it is unusable. The PI works sort of, in that HASS runs but everything is super slow if you can get a connection to stay up, a ps -aux command will take 30mins to complete if putty doesn’t time out first :stuck_out_tongue: I can’t SSH to it for anything as it either refuses connection or times out sometimes before the option to input the password is given :P. Also if I plugin the HDMI cable to the TV, the PI starts the graphical frontend but the mouse and keyboard (both wired to the pi’s usb ports) don’t work at all so I can do nothing with the graphical frontend :frowning:

So far I’ve tried both a new install of both pixel and pixel lite but neither work or rather they work but I can’t communicate with it :stuck_out_tongue: So next I’ll try reverting back to the old jessie and see if I can get anything to work.

So basically be careful of auto updating :frowning: I’ll report back tomorrow if it starts working, for now it’s time for bed…

Mine did something similar to this a few weeks ago and of course I freaked. Once I rebooted again and (using a monitor) made it through the full GUI interface, everything started working again. Not sure if that helps you any.

Now weeks later though I am getting seemingly random lock-ups. I will most likely perform a complete reinstall soon since I have installed items I ended up not using and have no idea how to remove: docker, appdaemon, ha-bridge, glances, and maybe something else.

I’ve retreated to Jessie from the 26/02/16 and I’m back to installing AIO, so back to square 1 very soon :slight_smile: I also upgrade the PSU to 4amp and that seems to help alot :slight_smile: