Planning and setup - ESP32-S3 - 4848S040 - 480*480 IPS touchscreen

I suspect it is a sensitivity issue with the touch screen driver that is causing random wake up events - There is a parameter that can be tweaked using a bit of code. Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to get it to work within openHASP, so left it as a standalone utility.
You can get the code from here: HA-openHASP/GT911 at main · FreeBear-nc/HA-openHASP · GitHub

Adding second plate- Integration won’t set up?

This is the error I get. As usual, “check the logs” without saying WHICH logs.

Any ideas?

I’ve reinstalled OpenHasp on the second plate, restarted Home Assistant, but the integration always has a problem.

Is it not possible to have multiple displays?

Yes, you can have as many of them as you like. Have you put the mqtt details into plate2?

In your configuration.yaml I had to put (bearing in mind mine was called screen1 not plate2)

openhasp:
  screen1:
    objects:

Then

1. Delete screen1
  2. Run the discovery command on the plate
  3. Restart HA

Then it should be properly detected.

Thaks. Working now.
I added plate2: to my openhasp.yaml file with some page0 stuff and when I restart Home Assistant, it populated OK. I thought I was repeating steps I had already tried, but it’s working now.

I had just never seen an integration work this way with autodiscovery.

Hello, first of all thank you for this ‘how-to’ it is a very helpfull base to get started with this display.
I am experiencing an issue that seems not yet posted nor does some googling help resolving it.
I basically copied your code to have a solid base and to then experiment etc. But so far no luck. The OpenHASP example works fine and communication with mosquitto MQTT is working. But with your code and jinja file I get 2 errors.

Any thoughts to why the templates are trowing errors?

No.

You haven’t posted enough information.

First, read this. Don’t post screenshots of code or error messages. The link is to the instructions for using the forum to the best advantage.

Someone with a lot more experience with templates can probably see your issue from the screenshots, but I need to see your yaml code and the pages.jsonl.

I do see this too. It appears only once during startup and can be ignored.
It’s an reported, but still open issue

Please also note the changes I made in the configuration.yaml.
Since Release v0.6.3 · HASwitchPlate/openHASP · GitHub

You can now use the pXbY.jsonl command to update multiple object properties at once (thanks @nagyrobi)

This reduces the used mqtt topics and imports of the openhasp.jinja file.
So the updated properties look like this:

- obj: "p0b1" # PREVIOUS - BUTTON"
        properties:
          "jsonl": >
            {% from 'openhasp.jinja' import grid,w,h,x,y,color %}
            {{
                {
                    'w': w(4)|int,
                    'h': h(2)|int,
                    'x': x(1)|int,
                    'y': y(11)|int,
                    'radius': (grid() | from_json).radius |int,
                    'bg_color': color('primary'),
                    'bg_color02': color('primary_light'),
                    'text': "\uE04D"
                  } |to_json |string
            }}

Hey guys! I must say I messed up really bad. I went directly to the T3E Hasp page and there was the quick update guide, I just went along and updated the GS-T3E with the custom firmware and I must say I was not ready to start building my own custom firmware and developing everything, etc (yes, how stupid of me). So I got the correct firmware flashed it and I understand the size of the crap I did, because I did not backup the original firmware (already if anyone has the original “Tuya” firmware for this I’d be VERY thankful. I was just trying to update the looks of the device and ended up in this community, as all my home automation is zigbee based and no addon modifications, etc; i would really need your help either to 1- someone who has a backup of the original firmware from the device (HW v2.3) so I can flash and go back to the stock FW and connect it again to my devices; or someone has a full flashable file to make this a working device that I can connect with Smart Life/ Tuya somehow and all my other devices. I KNOW i was stupid, but the pictures of the updated GS-T3E were nice and I didn’t read/understand enough before beggining this hole thing/

Thanks, and sorry to bother you all with my stupidity

This was the image I looked at, and my firware version was just outdated and I wanted to update it to the latest firmware available, not make it a DIY panel ;/

Ask the manufacturer or the retailer you bought it from. It’s unlikely that you’ll find someone here peddling Tuya firmware.

But now you have installed openhasp firmware on it, go the whole hog and join the open source world. Install home assistant. Install mosquito. Profit.

Yes, you do.

To add to @nickrout’s comment. You would be so much better off learning OpenHasp now. It is a somewhat steep learning curve, but try, fail, then post your code here for assistance.

Since there are about 20 people in this thread, use quotes when you reply. This way we might understand to whom you are responding to.

Verify which display you are using?

@stevemann it’s the Tuya (golden Security T3E) with the 2.3 chipset. If anyone has a “ready to go” firmware it would be nice, but I’d still need it to connect it to Tuya as all others are and I really don’t have time unfortunately to learn everything from scratch again currently with my job and all…

@markusrd you rather rashly flashed openhasp firmware on your device, despite openhasp not being what you wanted, and despite you having downloaded it from a non Tuya site that is clearly nothing to do with Tuya, and which explains exactly what openhasp is.

I hope you manage to get the native firmware back on it, despite the fact I would personally never want Tuya anywhere near it. However we don’t peddle Tuya firmware here which is why I suggested asking the vendor or Tuya for the firmware. You haven’t responded to that suggestion as far as I can see.

Next time you flash firmware that you may regret, back up the old firmware first!

Sorry to sound harsh, but it’s like putting diesel in your petrol car and then expecting the service station that sold you the diesel to fix it.

Wait, hold on, you have more than one of these and you only flashed one with openhasp?

Back up the firmware from one of your others and flash the openhasp one with the backup.

@nickrout you didn’t sound harsh, that’s why I started with “i know I was stupid, but…”. But no, I don’t have other devices, just bought that specific one for a specific task in the home, and the page showing the update procedure mistakenly shows a Tuya 4 touch device screen instead of the regular GoldenSecurity simple and ugly interface. That mislead to thinking it was a software update for the device in my rush, not a complete other system (check the link I sent about the T3E 2.3 firmware and you’ll get my point ;(

I am a bit confused here. Did you successfully flash OpenHasp on your display?

Yes but he wants Tuya back again.

I realize that, but, he did ask for OpenHasp firmware.

no he didn’t, he installed it by mistake.