Planning and setup - ESP32-S3 - 4848S040 - 480*480 IPS touchscreen

please provide input. thank you

go to: Reload the layout in JSON with a service call

alternative: Reload the Integration (3 Dots next to the display)

First. Don’t try to do everything at once. Get one element working then add another.
Start with an empty pages.jsonl file.
Add this- it should give you the navigation buttons. (I am assuming you are using the same display as I am with a 480x480 screen).

{
  "comment":"-------------------- Navigation --------------------",
  "comment":" ----- Previous Page",
  "page":0,
  "id":1,
  "obj":"btn",
  "action":{"down": "page prev"},
  "x":150,
  "y":440,
  "w":49,
  "h":38,
  "bg_color":"blue",
  "text":"\uE141",
  "text_color":"#FFFFFF",
  "radius":0,
  "border_side":0,
  "text_font":24
}
{
  "comment":"----- Home Page",
  "id":2,
  "action":{"down": "page back"},
  "x":200,
  "w":80,
  "text":"\uE2DC",
}
{
  "comment":"----- Next Page",
  "id":3,
  "action":{"down": "page next"},
  "x":281,
  "w":49,
  "text":"\uE142",
}
{
  "comment":"----- Page Number",
  "id":4,
  "obj":"label",
  "x":380,
  "w":40,
  "text":"00",
}

after i change config.yaml, i always restart home assistant,i think reload json include

Somebody afffect random display wake up? I affect this… It is software or hardware problem?

Hi! Now i see that a lot of people use this device. Somebody affect the above problem?

If so, they should post here Sometimes display wakeup randomly ¡ Issue #706 ¡ HASwitchPlate/openHASP ¡ GitHub

Thank you for the pinouts. Very helpful and seem to be correct.

Do you happen to know if this device actually happens to have a moodlight? One is created in the HA integration, but it doesn’t seem to do anything.

Yes, it is also displayed for me, but unfortunately I can’t see any function when I turn it on or off.

I have no idea, I’ve never tried it.

1 Like

I suspect it is a sensitivity issue with the touch screen driver that is causing random wake up events - There is a parameter that can be tweaked using a bit of code. Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to get it to work within openHASP, so left it as a standalone utility.
You can get the code from here: HA-openHASP/GT911 at main ¡ FreeBear-nc/HA-openHASP ¡ GitHub

Adding second plate- Integration won’t set up?

This is the error I get. As usual, “check the logs” without saying WHICH logs.

Any ideas?

I’ve reinstalled OpenHasp on the second plate, restarted Home Assistant, but the integration always has a problem.

Is it not possible to have multiple displays?

Yes, you can have as many of them as you like. Have you put the mqtt details into plate2?

In your configuration.yaml I had to put (bearing in mind mine was called screen1 not plate2)

openhasp:
  screen1:
    objects:

Then

1. Delete screen1
  2. Run the discovery command on the plate
  3. Restart HA

Then it should be properly detected.

Thaks. Working now.
I added plate2: to my openhasp.yaml file with some page0 stuff and when I restart Home Assistant, it populated OK. I thought I was repeating steps I had already tried, but it’s working now.

I had just never seen an integration work this way with autodiscovery.

Hello, first of all thank you for this ‘how-to’ it is a very helpfull base to get started with this display.
I am experiencing an issue that seems not yet posted nor does some googling help resolving it.
I basically copied your code to have a solid base and to then experiment etc. But so far no luck. The OpenHASP example works fine and communication with mosquitto MQTT is working. But with your code and jinja file I get 2 errors.

Any thoughts to why the templates are trowing errors?

No.

You haven’t posted enough information.

First, read this. Don’t post screenshots of code or error messages. The link is to the instructions for using the forum to the best advantage.

Someone with a lot more experience with templates can probably see your issue from the screenshots, but I need to see your yaml code and the pages.jsonl.

I do see this too. It appears only once during startup and can be ignored.
It’s an reported, but still open issue

Please also note the changes I made in the configuration.yaml.
Since Release v0.6.3 ¡ HASwitchPlate/openHASP ¡ GitHub

You can now use the pXbY.jsonl command to update multiple object properties at once (thanks @nagyrobi)

This reduces the used mqtt topics and imports of the openhasp.jinja file.
So the updated properties look like this:

- obj: "p0b1" # PREVIOUS - BUTTON"
        properties:
          "jsonl": >
            {% from 'openhasp.jinja' import grid,w,h,x,y,color %}
            {{
                {
                    'w': w(4)|int,
                    'h': h(2)|int,
                    'x': x(1)|int,
                    'y': y(11)|int,
                    'radius': (grid() | from_json).radius |int,
                    'bg_color': color('primary'),
                    'bg_color02': color('primary_light'),
                    'text': "\uE04D"
                  } |to_json |string
            }}

Hey guys! I must say I messed up really bad. I went directly to the T3E Hasp page and there was the quick update guide, I just went along and updated the GS-T3E with the custom firmware and I must say I was not ready to start building my own custom firmware and developing everything, etc (yes, how stupid of me). So I got the correct firmware flashed it and I understand the size of the crap I did, because I did not backup the original firmware (already if anyone has the original “Tuya” firmware for this I’d be VERY thankful. I was just trying to update the looks of the device and ended up in this community, as all my home automation is zigbee based and no addon modifications, etc; i would really need your help either to 1- someone who has a backup of the original firmware from the device (HW v2.3) so I can flash and go back to the stock FW and connect it again to my devices; or someone has a full flashable file to make this a working device that I can connect with Smart Life/ Tuya somehow and all my other devices. I KNOW i was stupid, but the pictures of the updated GS-T3E were nice and I didn’t read/understand enough before beggining this hole thing/

Thanks, and sorry to bother you all with my stupidity

This was the image I looked at, and my firware version was just outdated and I wanted to update it to the latest firmware available, not make it a DIY panel ;/

Ask the manufacturer or the retailer you bought it from. It’s unlikely that you’ll find someone here peddling Tuya firmware.

But now you have installed openhasp firmware on it, go the whole hog and join the open source world. Install home assistant. Install mosquito. Profit.