Planning new house - Lighting (Brazil) / Recommendation

Hello all,

I have been an automation hobbyist for over 10 years. As my background is tech, I have always enjoyed playing around with cross-platform software integrations with home automation things. Always for my own use, I’m not an integrator.

In my installations, as a controller/brain I have already used OpenRemote, Openhab and I am currently using Home Assistant. Undoubtedly the best so far.

Now I am planning the automation for the new family’s house (this year) in Florianópolis/Brazil. I’m going to integrate Lighting, Blinds, Security, HVAC, Energy, Network, Solar, etc.

I would like recommendation lighting. It will be a house with approximately 600m2 (6500 sq ft), with 70 lighting circuits and 15 blinds.
In an apartment and house I’ve lived in, I used Fibaro (ZWave) and more recently Sonoff and Tuya (wifi). But in the new house, for lighting, I think about leaving the wireless platforms and using something wired, like KNX or similar.
I’ve been looking at Scheneider’s Wiser products, but I don`t like the idea of getting locked into a brand/proprietary tech.

I write here to hear opinions and recommendations.

I`ll share more project details further.

Thanks in advance.

I think Shelly Pro DIN mounted relays or something similar might be an option but I have no experience with these myself.

1 Like

For lighting, have a look if DALI is a thing in Brasil.
You can get quite cheap controllers and it has nice integration with KNX (gateways) and there are even standalone IoT gateways available with Rest/WS API (eg. from Lunatone or Osram).

1 Like