Platform broadlink not ready yet. Retrying in 180 seconds

Hello,
I’m using Home Assistant 0.103.6 installed and configured with success. Many devices are working but I have issues with Broadlink RM 3. I’ve installed it as a remote using https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/broadlink . This is my configuration.yaml:

remote:
  - platform: broadlink
    host: 192.168.0.119
    mac: "c8:f7:42:40:90:61"
    timeout: 120

But in logs I can see only Platform broadlink not ready yet. Retrying in 180 seconds. Device itself is of course working with Android app, its connected to the same wifi and I can ping device with response.
What am I missing?

Sebastian

Same problem here with a new Broadlink install. Have you found a solution?

Got it working. I’m going to post what I did, in case it helps someone else.

After seeing this thread:

…it seems if you connect the mini using the new ihc app, the HA Broadlink integration doesn’t work. To fix, I held the reset button down to put the mini back in pairing mode. I installed the old e-Control app on my Android phone, and connected it to the mini. When doing so, I had to establish new login credentials as the ones I created for the ihc app didn’t work. I then rebooted HA, and the remote.broadlink entity was created with no more “broadlink not ready yet” errors in the HA log.

Just an FYI, I made sure the IP address (used router to set ip based on mac) for the mini stayed the same with the old app. The new app will still control the mini even though I last paired with the old app which surprised me. The Broadlink skill for Alexa that I had previously installed still works too which is nice for controlling my TV with voice because I figured I would have to use Alexa routines to trigger my that in HA since the mini docs say that using the old e-Control app prevents Alexa from working with the mini.

4 Likes

Thank you so much for this, I have been tearing my hair out every time I have tried to get it going. I have had it since November and it’s only today I have had it working with home assistant

1 Like

I can confirm this worked a treat with Broadlink RM4 Pro on Home Assistant 0.110.4

1 Like

@girvine, you got this process to work on the e-control app with the rm4 pro? Can you go a little more into the process? I can’t seem to make it work. Reset -> Blue flashing (AP mode) -> Econtrol -> Add Device --> then what? It doesn’t find my rm4 :frowning:

If I go to the ‘gear’ icon on that screen and do “AP mode”, it seems like it’s looking for an different AP name than my RM4 uses (mine broadcasts “Broadlink_WiFi_Device”, it’s looking for “BroadlinkProv”.

Thanks for any guidance.

Update: I got it reset and connected to wifi with the e-control app, the key was to get it into “smart” setup mode instead of AP mode. Holding down the reset for ~10s until it was flashing quickly, not in the 5?-flash, pause, repeat cycle.

We really need to figure out how to initiate a device-type scan from HA (i.e. for learning RF codes), though! I think the only way to get RF codes is using the app, with a cloud-bound blaster, starting the learn sequence to get it into RF mode, and then “sniffing” the actual learn result from HA after pressing the button. Would be awesome to eliminate the Broadcom app from that flow.

I used a-control as you did to get the wifi details into the broadlink.
Then set up the broadlink in HA in configurations.yaml as normal.
Then you need to set up a script to call the remote.learn service on the device you defined. When you activate that script the device goes into leaning mode. Press what you want to learn on the remote. That code is displayed in your Notifications tab in HA. Copy it and use it as per other guidelines for this. (Sorry, I’m on my phone, so can’t easily find one for you).

Thanks! This worked well :smiley:

1 Like

Hi, last night I tried the whole night still getting no result, would try the e-control tonight.

If it can be successful connect with HA, can it be connected with the new Broadlink app again?
I had setup 3 remotes with the new Broadlink app before I stepped into HA, it was told I had to reset the remotes first before able to intergrate with HA, right?

Thanks.

have the same issue, running 0.115.0. what tried so far;

added my RM mini3 to the wifi (tried with both IHC app, e-Connect) each time resetting the mini by holding the power for 10 sec till it flashes fast, and then doing it again.

then restarted home assistance to see if it detected the device - no joy

how ever if i add the following to my config;

remote:
  - platform: broadlink
    host: 192.168.1.51
    mac: 24:d2:a7:b1:6d:24
    type: rm_mini3_redbean
    name: RMmini3

the auto discover kick in and i get a notification about a new device to be configured…this is where it gets confusing cause

1. the log shows
Config entry for broadlink not ready yet. Retrying in 5 seconds
8:11:25 AM – config_entries.py (WARNING) - message first occurred at 8:06:09 AM and shows up 8 times
Error fetching device data: The device storage is full
8:11:25 AM – Broadlink (ERROR) - message first occurred at 8:06:09 AM and shows up 8 times
The remote platform is deprecated, please remove it from your configuration
8:06:09 AM – Broadlink (WARNING)
  1. only then i get the remote.learn_command (as well as the others) in the developers tab…BUT…there is no entity created…so i cant learn or send anything…

im open to suggestions and beers…

remove all broadlink sensor and remote configs from your install
then setup broadlink integration

so i removed anything related to broadlink from config.yaml as well as delete the broadlink Integrations then restarted

(did i miss any? cause i didnt see any in the Developer Tools)

double check that i didnt miss anything and restarted again…

didnt get any notification about anything being found so i set up the integration manually entered the ip and gave it a name and it said everything was successful…crossed fingers and did a restart

proceeded to Developer Tools states and nothing new came up tried services and no learn/send/remote

Do you have any other broadlink sensor defined anywhere in other config (do you use split configs)

nope this is a clean build only thing added to this a kodi box

logfile shows this;

Config entry for broadlink not ready yet. Retrying in 5 seconds
8:41:29 AM – config_entries.py (WARNING) - message first occurred at 8:37:33 AM and shows up 7 times
Error fetching device data: The device storage is full
8:41:29 AM – Broadlink (ERROR) - message first occurred at 8:37:33 AM and shows up 7 times

/config/configuration.yaml

# Configure a default setup of Home Assistant (frontend, api, etc)
default_config:

# Text to speech
tts:
  - platform: google_translate

group: !include groups.yaml
automation: !include automations.yaml
script: !include scripts.yaml
scene: !include scenes.yaml

like i said the only thing i added was a user (myself) and the kodi integration, i even used didfferent names when setting up the broad link each time

Oh got this to work after the update came out, great job guys it works now.

just remove any boradlink items in you config.yaml as well as remove the broadlink integration.
restart Home assistant
add the broadlink integration and sett it up (once you have the mini on the network)
restart home assistant

add you switches and you are good to go…