Platform nest does not generate unique IDs

Hi,

I have the nest component configured. When I start Home Assistant (0.83.3), I see the following error message in the logs:

ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/src/app/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 343, in _async_add_entity
raise HomeAssistantError(msg)
homeassistant.exceptions.HomeAssistantError: Entity id already exists: 
binary_sensor.downstairs_thermostat_is_using_emergency_heat. Platform nest does not generate unique 
IDs

It does this for all of the sensors the Nest thermostat has. Other that this error the component functions perfectly fine. I checked the ā€˜core.entity_registryā€™ file and looked at the ā€œunique_idā€, but I donā€™t see any duplicate ones for my Nest. The first part of the ID is the same, but then itā€™s hyphenated with the sensor type.

Any ideas as to what could be causing this?

Iā€™m having the same issue. I just upgraded to 84.1 from 82.0 and now Iā€™m seeing the issue. Iā€™ll let you know if I find anything out.

Check your .storage/core.config_entries and see if you might have multiple instance of nest setup or referenced in there. I did and when I removed one of the instances, so that there was only one left, then those errors disappeared.

1 Like

Thanks, Iā€™ll have a look today and let you know what I find.

Thanks! I indeed had two instances of nest setup in my .storage/core.config_entries file. When I removed the second one, the errors disappeared.

Awesome! Glad to help!

I had the same problem with weather integration from met.no after copying config from an old server. Your tip checking core.config_entries fixed it, thanks!!

1 Like