Platform not found: sensor.date_countdown

Hi All,

I am trying to setup a custom component but i am not succesfull. Hopefully someone can help me out.
It is the following component: Custom Countdown Component

Hassio on RPI 3.
Currently running: 0.97.2

I have followed the instructions:

To implement, create a custom_components directory in the root of your Home Assistant directory. Inside that, create a sensor directory. Inside that, create the file date_countdown.py with the following contents:

Now i have: /config/custom_components/sensor/date_countdown.py

i added in my configuration.yaml:

- platform: date_countdown
     name: Boom Festival Countdown
     date: "28-07-2020 08:00"

Hass gives me:

Integration date_countdown not found when trying to verify its sensor platform.

does anybody know what i am doing wrong?

Geert

Please see the sticky for details of how to post code correctly.

That post you referenced is very out of date and hasn’t been valid for a great many releases. See the final post in that thread for more of what you need to do, but that too may be outdated. See this and this blog posts for further guidance.

Thank you for the fast reply!
I changed the code to the correct block. sorry.

I have been tinkering around with the last posts and will continue to try. :slight_smile:
I uploaded the files to: /config/custom_components/countdown/sensor.py
added the manifest.json and init.py as empty files.

I also have the /config/custom_components/date_countdown/sensor.py but without any other file in the dir.

Also i uploaded the file to /config/custom_components/date_countdown.py. (just to store it somewhere)

right now i get the following notification in the log:

“You are using a custom integration for date_countdown which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you do experience issues with Home Assistant.”

But when checking the config i see:

Platform not found: sensor.date_countdown

I think home assistant knows i am using the integration, but i also think i am using it incorrect.
Does anybody know how to proceed?

Geert

I’m in the exact same situation.
“Platform error sensor.date_countdown - Integration ‘date_countdown’ not found.”

Did you ever get this working?

Those directions and that component are out of date. That architecture is no longer used. It’ll take a lot of work to get that up to speed. Try looking for a similar custom component in HACS

Many thanks Petro, have found it now.

For anyone else, go to HACS, look under “Python Scripts” and you will see “Date Countdown”

1 Like