Platinum Weather Card support

Continuing the discussion from Platinum Weather Card support:

Hey everyone. I am trying to configure this card. The options to even add an entity are not showing up in the visual editor. Any thoughts?

1 Like

2022.11 update broke some stuff.

1 Like

rats man. I spent hours troubleshooting this thing :slight_smile:

Pollen

Any ideas on how to get a pollen count/alert level as a sensor? I would like to add it as a custom slot.

Someone would have to create an integration to pull data from their api (if one is available). Not sure if this is the case. After that you could add those sensors to custom slots. Currently it is not possible to add custom fields to the forecast section, but my gut feel is that most people would only be concerned about today/tomorrow for this sort of info (I may be wrong).

2 Likes

There is already a way to get the pollen for melbourne.
Melbourne Pollen Forecast Scrape Sensor and Lovelace “Card” - Share your Projects! - Home Assistant Community (home-assistant.io)

However, I don’t use it in the card

1 Like

Ok, I must be having a completely dumb day!

I have installed using HACS and it shows there:

But…can’t figure out how to find the card or add to a dashboard or configure?

Could anyone point me in the right direction?
Thanks.

There’s a pretty good overview and getting started on the main GitHub page for the card.

Read through this multiple times, but just can’t see what I’m missing. Once the HACS install is done, should the card be available when editing a dashboard? Just can’t find it!

Try to refresh the web browser

Can’t believe it was that simple, had reloaded the page and restarted HA multiple time. Thanks :see_no_evil:

When editing a dashboard and adding a card you should see “Custom: Platinum Weather Card” toward the bottom of the list.

I had to clear the Firefox cache in Firefox->settings->Privacy & Security->Cookies and Site Data->Manage Data before this would show up. (I also refreshed the browser and reloaded Home Assistant prior to that, but I think clear cache should be the only required step).

Yep, that worked. Thanks all!

I have just published a pre-release 1.0.3b0 that hopefully fixes the entity and attribute pickers that got broken by HA 2022.11. Hopefully it hasn’t broken anything else in the process of fixing it. Let me know if there are any issues.

Loving this card, but I have another lovelace where I’d like to use the conditional animated image based on today’s forecast. Though people have accomplished this from scratch, I was hoping since Platinum is already doing the work, I might be able to piggyback on that. Is this possible?

I have accuweather as my weather provider. I cannot seem to find where I can specify that entity at all. This is what I see when I edit the overview section.

What am I doing wrong?

Install the latest version (1.0.3) and clear your cache.

It does it for itself. The icons are in the repo if you want to use them somehow in another location.

I guess this is beyond my HA knowledge. How would I display the current weather icon in another card? thanks.

Thanks. Update fixed it