Play Media on via Fully Kiosk integration

I am trying to set-up fully kiosk browser to play a sound uploaded in the local media library.

When I navigate to Media > Local Media > select the sound, it is able to play the sound without an issue.
However, when trying to use the media player entity added by the Fully Kiosk integration a toast message is shown on the fully kiosk device saying

Failed loading sound: Wrong URL or unsupported format?

I’ve tried playing different audio files, but none seem to work. I’ve been stuck on this for a while, and hopefully can find someone showing me in the right direction because apart from that Fully Kiosk appears to be everything i’m looking for.

Regards,
PJ

I do have the same issue since sometime ago. It was working before I guess with HA 2022.8 or 2022.9
So something might have changed and is not working anymore with fully kiosk and current HA versions.

I’m following the thread. Same issue here.

I could resolve that by setting in “network” → local network to “automatic”. Before that I had external and local url defined in the config which might causing this issue.

1 Like

Where are these settings you speak of?

Settings → System → Networks
Local Network → Automatic

1 Like

Sorry to go on a little more.

In what application?
fully kiosk? in home assistant? in android itself?

Home Assistant. Nothing has to be changed in fully kiosk.

Cheers, found it, thank you.
Let me try it out and see if that fixes the issue.

That fixed it, everything appears to be working now. Thanks a lot!
Do you have any idea what the problem was and how that toggle fixed it?

Hi,

I have this setting for the local network but I am still getting the same error “Failed loading sound: Wrong URL or unsupported format”

Hi,
i had the same problems (Fully played the manualy started files but not the ones startet by an automation, setting Networks to Automatic didn’t help)
I changed the “content id” in the “play media”-service from
/media/local/example.mp3
to
media-source://media_source/local/example.mp3
Now Fully plays the file without problems

Greets an thanks to all people helping each others out here!

Hi.

For some reason I started to experience this issue. reading the recommended solution of changing Settings → system → networks → local network → automatic for some reason isn’t allowing me to make the change.

After turning on Automatic, there is no way to save that setting. The “setting” option at the bottom of that box in the system settings is greyed out.

Did anybody else have this issue ? New install of full kiosk here. Both of my fire tablets throw this error. I’ve tried the above suggestions with no luck.