Play specific youtube video on Apple TV

Hello. I was wondering if there is a way to get the Apple TV integration to make my Apple TV play a specific youtube video? I have experimented with the play_media service, handing it the youtube link, but that didn’t seem to work. In particular, I want to create a “Fitness button” that launches a certain workout video, closes the curtains curtains, etc.
Thanks!

Hey @hunte

The play_media service can do this, but a normal Youtube link won’t work. You need to format it like this:

youtube://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

Also remember to add this to the service call: media_content_type: url

2 Likes

hey chris is there any way to play two youtube videos in a row, like 2 different links but i want each video to be a specific amount of video played example, first video(49 seconds)second video(32 seconds)
thanks!

Thanks for this! This is exactly what I was looking for. And I missed your note about making the type URL instead of video at first, which caused me ten minutes of irritation. :slight_smile:

Follow up question… I have set up several scripts to automatically play different background/ambience videos on my office Apple TV. That’s working great (thanks to you). But do you know if there’s a way to make the video start at the beginning or at a specific time code every time instead of resuming the video where it left off? I tried adding different versions of t=123 to the URL, but it didn’t work. Clearly, I’m not a programmer.