Playing media on DLNA DMR

I have been trying to play with the new media browser features in 2022.3. I have a few Pis hooked up to speakers and running mopidy for playing music. It appeared playing stuff from the media browser to an MPD media player is not supported so I installed upmpdcli to act as a DLNA media renderer for mopidy. I was able to get those to show up in home assistant, and they appear in the list of players in the media browser but they are greyed out and can’t be selected. If I select one of the media player entities and browse to a media file from there I am able to play songs that way. I’m guessing it has something to do with the types of media it says it can play but I’m not sure where I would look to confirm those suspicions. Has anyone else tried something like this and had better luck than me?

I am busy with Mopidy and Upmpdcli also, testing as we speak. For testing, I created an environment between Hass io and 2 Raspi audio DAC, mainly to find out how Upmpdcli works and which port forwards I need in the Hass io Mopidy Add-On. Got it working in my test environment between Hass io and the 2 Raspi audio DACs. Both Raspi getting discovered by Home Assistant as DLNA renderers and can be controlled with the Mopidy-MPD extension in the hass io Mopidy Add-On.

Right now, I am integrating Upmpdcli into the Hass io Mopidy Add-On, so they can connect with each other locally. They do connect, but here I am hitting a brick wall at the moment because I can’t expose Upmpdcli outside the Docker container and make it discoverable for Hass io.
If I manage to make some process with this issue, I will get back here with my findings.
If somebody already got this working, please share. Reinventing the wheel is such a loss of time :slight_smile: