Please add support for maytronics dolphin pool cleaner

@sh00t2kill, which Dolphins does your integration support?

It should support any robot with wifi that uses the mydolphin plus mobile app. We havent yet had any reports of robots not working.

If its a model we havent seen before, or a newer one, there may be additional things that the integration wont bring in, but it should otherwise work.

1 Like

LOL thanks.

Anybody particularly love or hate any of the Dophin models? We’re looking at options with intent to purchase soon, so appreciate any opinions!

I have an M600, really like it.

2 Likes

@sh00t2kill 's integration seems perfect. But Maytronics have just switched to one-time password authentication, so the Integration is broken for now as it still relies on username/password login.

Hopefully someone from Maytronics is reading this and they can work with the developer to restore functionality.

1 Like

Anyone heard anything from Maytronics regarding the API? I miss having the integration working. :frowning:

I am guessing this is still nonfunctioning? I was going buy a new controller unit which has wifi, but if it doesn’t work with HA then I’ll hold off.

hi,
just got off call with Maytronics IT & Cloud services,
with the release from the beginning of the month a bug introduced that sends overall hundreds of millions requests to login from home-assistant (identified by the header),
Maytronics blocked several IPs that were more intensive with the number of requests, since they understand we are just users that would like to enjoy the product using the HA UI they don’t want to block us all, but 266M requests in a month for login is insane.

I asked for time to fix it, in general the token that produced with the non-otp login is valid for 6 months, no need to relogin on every time, just use the same token.

in addition, they are switching soon to full blown OTP which means the component will stop work if we will not integrate with it,
I asked for their guidance to assist us re-integrate the right way and explained how I envision it works:

• User is trying to add the integration
  • gets an email with the code
  • HA will send the OTP to Maytronics AWS Cognito
  • Returned token will get stored for 1 year
  • Once will get invalidated, will trigger the process of requesting OTP & access token

the flow make sense for them and they will check internally if they can support us like that, no efforts from them but providing the API with manual of how to use.

once the next release will be available, I ask you to upgrade so it will stop the bug that leads for load on Maytronics system as this is not our objective.

thank you and hope we will be able to enjoy that integration for more time :slight_smile:

2 Likes

v1.0.17 was released to fix the issue described above,
in addition, created the issue in HA repo for v2024.8.0 to block older versions.

pls make sure to upgrade before next release of HA
thanks

So it is working now? I was holding off replacing my Bluetooth control module with the newer wi-fi module until the integration works.

When did it stop working for you?

I’m happy to see this is being worked on but why doesn’t this show up in HA Integrations when I search for Mayfield, Dolphin, etc.?

its a HACS integration – you have to install it via HACS first (or manually, but HACS is much easier)

I have upgraded the myDolphin to 1.0.19, and when I try starting I get the following error. I can’t figure out how to get the dependency met (installing awsiotsdk).

2024-07-30 10:30:21.873 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for custom integration ‘mydolphin_plus’: Requirements for mydolphin_plus not found: [‘awsiotsdk’].

I have a Dolphin m700 and I access the app using a one-time key.
When I try to access the Mydolphin plus integration, I do not receive an email from Maytronic to reset the account password.

I just got an M600 and same- only gave names, and email for set up on the mydolphin app, so also assume user name is my email- but just saw Bar’s post. So is a know issue. Thank you