Please add support for Roborock S8 Pro Ultra in Roborock/Xiaomi Miio integration

The vacuum does work, but missing the added mop sensors and capabilities, it should be similar to the S7 Max V.

Hi @atkjedi - I am one of the developers for the new Roborock core integration(Not the current Xiaomi Miio/Roborock integration) - we are currently working on getting support for device-specific functionality added in.

With that being said - could you be more specific on which functions are missing that you are looking for? Perhaps once the update comes out of beta - you can attempt using it with your Vacuum and let me know what functions you need

We have plans for dock specific sensors but what else?

2 Likes

Hi @Lash-L I just got an S8 Pro Ultra this week and tried both the Xiaomi and Roborock integration.
Below are the difference

Xiaomi (I already switched to Roborock at the time I took this screenshot, these sensors were all populated properly before)

Roborock

I tried using the HACS custom component for Roborock, but it failed to initialize.
Would be awesome to get the map and sensors working on the core integration :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi frost! Have you tried with the latest 1.0.0 version of the custom integration, it has some errors setting up for people with strong security settings on their network, but other than that, we built full support for s8 pro ultra (outside of docking) into the latest version.

I am trying to get everything into core, but the core developers have been very busy and I’ve been unable to get any PR merged. I’ve had one adding 3 sensors that has been sitting stagnant for a few weeks now.

I was hoping to have most of the sensors in the next main release, but that seems unlikely now.

Ohh didn’t realize 1.0.0 was released 2 days ago!
I just tried about 4 days ago and had the initialization error.

Looking great now!

Thanks @Lash-L , I’ll keep an eye on your progress for the core integration.
I appreciate your effort :slightly_smiling_face:

Is this the roborock integration or Xiaomi?

That pic is of the Xiaomi custom one.

I removed it and am using the official HA version and am hoping all the functionality is added soon to it.

Right now, I am relegated to using the Roborock App automations to clean my house.

1 Like

Ok. I have the S8 now and only have 3 entries:

vacuum.roborock_s8
select.roborock_s8_mop_intensity
select.roborock_s8_mop_mode

that’s it.With the Xiaomi had much more and with HACS integration had MAP view also.

I guess I switch back to Xiaomi and wait until all options is in Roborock integration

1 Like

Same here for me with the S7, but I am switching to the official integration with the hope that the analytics will tell the powers that be that this is an important integration that should be more robust ASAP.

1 Like

Hi Luke (not sure why I didn’t get the notification on this), I did switch to the new Roborock integration last week, the map, and water empty functions were used regularly, that did not work with the official but did with the HACS version! (though it did change the water sensor to a dock state).

latest’s issue has been it frequently falling offline and being unavailable.

Thank you!

@Lash-L Not sure if maybe I should be posting in a new thread?
But appears withe last update the Dock Status now shows unavailable. would love to test any / all features on the S8 Pro ultra

Hi guys, any update on displaying life map in HA? I just bought s8Ultra, would be nice to have all functions controlled over HA

I have the Robo Rock S8 aswell and am missing watertank and dustbin (full) information. It is now cleaning while the watertank is empty, would be great to send the wife a message to fill it :wink:

Hello
I have both s7 and s8 in my account, and after first login HA finds only the S7
How can I add S8 also ?

Thanks