Please help - Light fade transition not working for Zigeeb light dimmer

Hi Everyone,

Today l purchased this dimmer module and was able to successfully pair it with HA and was able to perform basic automation functions e.g. switching the light on and off, l was able to manually adjust dimming of the lights via the Dashboard.

The issue is that I am unable to get the dimmer module to either gradually increase/decrease the brightness a over period of time using the Transition parameter via the Call Service under the Developer Tools

service: light.turn_on
target:
  entity_id: light.cinema
data:
  brightness: 255
  transition: 25

When l’ve clicked ‘call service’ for the above the light just switches on instantly to 100% brightness with NO fade-in effect. It appears the Transition parameter does not have any effect.

Can someone please advise what l am missing here or could this not be fully compatible with HA?
NUE Smart Zigbee 3.0 Light Dimmer

I am running the latest version of HA and using the standard Zigbee integration
Should l try using Zigbee2MQTT instead?

I would also welcome any recommendations for other similar light dimmers modules that do correctly work with HA in terms of the fade/transition effect

Thanks in advance!

Do you have any idea exactly what light controller that is? Nue make at least 3 that look like that.

Thanks, does this help?

3A Smart Home DE LXN56-DS27LX1.3
Model: HGZB-02A +
3A Nue Smart Light Dimmer (HGZB-02A) - Zigbee Device

Ahh that one.

According to zigbee2mqtt it has an optional “hard” transition time which can be overridden in mqtt/ha. Of course that doesn’t help in ZHA, but may give you an idea.

EDIT: what does supported_features: report (see states panel in dev tools).

supported_color_modes: brightness
off_brightness: null

supported_features: 41

Would be worth removing Zigbee integration and install zigbee2mqtt instead?

Worth a try.

Could anyone recommend please a Zigbee dimmer module that the transition/fade effect works in HA for normal light globes

or is could someone provide a very basic script that starts from 0 brightness and incriments by say 5 until it reaches 100 across 30 second period

Thanks in advance

I’ve installed zigbee2mqtt added the devices, unfortunately, the same issue, the Transition setting has no effect :frowning: i.e. the light turns on instantly at the brightness setting that I have set.

I run the above using a simple Call Service Light:Turn on and have adjusted the settings i.e. ‘Transition’ and ‘Brightness value’

I wish there was another way to achieve the transition effect…

I cannot explain that, but I don’t have those problems with dimmers or bulbs. Perhaps time for an issue on the zigbee2mqtt github?

Supported features = 41 means transition is supported.

Hi,

I was able to get the transition effect working in Hubitat using the standard Hubitat settings but the same does not work in HA.
What l have done is to add a Hubitat integration in HA and are using HA to control the light dimmer via Hubitat, this is not ideal
I might ditch the light dimmer and replace with Ikea zigee smart globes instead (more expensive option though…)

Hi, did you ever find a Zigbee dimmer module that allows for the transition effect? If so, what kind was it? Thank you.

1 Like