Please help me fix my recorder

Since updating to the latest release I’m not seeing any entries in Logbook or History.

I also have a message saying:
The following integrations could not be set up:

• automation.

All automations are running fine.

I am using MariaDB.

I have recorder: in my configuration.yaml file.

MariaDB shows a warning:
2020-09-21 18:01:21 31 [Warning] Access denied for user ‘homeassistant’@'172.30.32.1

My HA resides at 10.0.1.210:8123 running in a VM.

Prior to the update all was well.

I’m a bit stumped!

If HA can’t access mariadb, it is normal recorder, history and logbook does not work. Fix your mariadb credentials.

1 Like

The HA docs suggest the the following should be added:

mysql://user:password@SERVER_IP/DB_NAME?charset=utf8

and the MariaDB docs suggest:

mysql://homeassistant:password@core-mariadb/homeassistant?charset=utf8

Should it take the form:

mySQL://myusername:[email protected]:8123/homeassistant?charset=utf8

I’ve uninstalled MariaDB, restarted HA, have only recorder: in configuration.yaml and still no logbook or history entries.

Seemingly, there’s more to this than just MariaDB config.

Any ideas where to look next?

Go to your folder where the configuration yaml is located, find the folder ( home-assistant_v2.db ) and delete it, restart HA and it will populate that file again and all should be good to go.

1 Like

Thank you!

I have Logbook back but History just shows as below:

Try a hard reset and reinstall MariaDB if that is configured to the home assistant system which may be that issue, i stopped using MariaDB as i had no use for it my end, hope that helps.

What do you mean by ‘hard reset’?

Oh … Pull the plug from the mains and back in to restart, sometimes HA needs that clean start up to sort it’s self out.

Don’t do this, just reboot the host normally…you risk data corruption with a hard restart

3 Likes

I did, before I saw your message. Oh, woe is me. Big can of worms opened.

All recovered now. Logbook works but not history.

This video shows the problem.

The history briefly appears, then changes to the frowning face. Hovering the mouse shows that history is there but not displaying.

Any ideas?

Having looked at this further, History does show up in Safari on Mac OS, but not Chrome. In Chrome it’s still as per the video linked above.

Using iOS, History doesn’t show up in either Chrome or Safari or in the HA iOS app.

History also fails to show up in the HA Mac OS app.

Please can someone confirm that they are seeing the same or different on their devices?