Please help recommend a bluetooth proxy product~

From the list of Ready-Made Projects — ESPHome , I bought M5Stack Atom Lite one. It works good. However, I heard that its wifi and bluetooth share the same antenna, which decreases BLE receiver performance and even lose some BLE advertisement package sometimes.

Is it a problem, and please help recommend a bluetooth proxy product?

Pretty much all ESP boards use the same antenna for WiFi and Bluetooth (AFAIK) but it’s not an issue. Most Bluetooth devices are chirping out relatively small amounts of data so they don’t need a lot of air time.

I have these scattered all around the house serving as BT proxies.

https://a.co/d/9UewBNo

If you have the ability to run ethernet cables to them and have a PoE network switch then the Olimex units are a good option. That way you aren’t sharing an antenna plus you don’t need local power supplies everywhere you place them.

Good to know. Thanks for the sharing~

Is it possible that the ESP board’s antenna working on WiFi time during the short time slot of the BLE advertisement broadcasting ? In that case, the BLE msg will be ignored and not received by the ESP board?

Yeah, that’s a good solution. Unfortunately, my home network only has several WiFi APs all over the house.

Most of my Bluetooth proxies are running on wifi and I don’t have any issues at all so I really wouldn’t stress about the shared antenna.

1 Like

Ok~ I will go with more M5Stack to cover the whole space then.