Plex Activity Monitor (sensor) configurable refresh rate

Hi guys

the Plex Sensor is working pretty well and I use it for some automation systems. However the standard Refresh Rate is too slow for my needs:

MIN_TIME_BETWEEN_UPDATES = timedelta(minutes=1)

I’d like to add a possibility to configure the refresh rate manually in Configuration.yaml

thanks

1 Like

I’d like to request this as a feature as well. Was playing with it today and it’s working well the delay is just too much time.

Hey Antasp,

I used the plex sensor because I couldnt get the normal Plex component to work - if you’re using it for the same reason, then you’d be happy to know that if you manually create the plex.conf file, the Plex component will work as expected.

Very good for automation :slight_smile:

Have you tried to set the scan interval?

I personally tried with no luck with 0.34, but since I managed to activate the main Plex component, didn’t use the sensor anymore!

I’m actually using this config to trigger lights based on the client status… https://home-assistant.io/components/media_player.plex/ still new to this so not sure if this is the sensor or not.

ok I did that as well, but since you never know who’s watching but only how many people are, it’s hard to have it precise. I suggest you set up the main Plex component and use this one as a trigger!

@weissblut could you possibly share some of the automation configuration? I am trying to use this plex activity monitor to turn of the server if it is not being used for 30 minutes.

Hi Caz,

apologies I was without internet access for some days. Digital detox lol :slight_smile:

Do you still need help with the config?

D

Hi,
I managed to get it working thanks.

cool stuff, enjoy!

Ive updated the way my automation for lighting and other things are triggered from plex. Im now using the mqtt features of tautulli. It give greater control you can filter by device, movie, pause, play, end of movie etc. You can even have it ignore the preroll/previews. Have the lights kick on when movie is considered “watched”. Tautulli with the mqtt notification feature really took the plex automations to the next level. I can even trigger things in different rooms based on the clients and the mqtt topics that are posted to.