Plex app on port 443?

HI

have been getting these Plex errors since forever.
Only now do i spot this line with the 443 port at the bottom of the snippet below:
Is this interfering with the portfrowaridng in the router for Letsencrypt?

Ive never put it in any configuration for Plex, so my hopes are on you to confirm or correct this if you could please?

Thanks,
Marius

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_component.py", line 171, in _async_setup_platform
    SLOW_SETUP_MAX_WAIT, loop=self.hass.loop)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/asyncio/tasks.py", line 358, in wait_for
    return fut.result()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/asyncio/futures.py", line 245, in result
    raise self._exception
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 56, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/sensor/plex.py", line 55, in setup_platform
    plex_token)], True)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/sensor/plex.py", line 74, in __init__
    user = MyPlexAccount(plex_user, plex_password)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/plexapi/myplex.py", line 78, in __init__
    data, initpath = self._signin(username, password, timeout)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/plexapi/myplex.py", line 86, in _signin
    data = self.query(self.SIGNIN, method=self._session.post, auth=(username, password), timeout=timeout)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/plexapi/myplex.py", line 146, in query
    response = method(url, headers=allheaders, timeout=timeout, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/requests/sessions.py", line 555, in post
    return self.request('POST', url, data=data, json=json, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/requests/sessions.py", line 508, in request
    resp = self.send(prep, **send_kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/requests/sessions.py", line 618, in send
    r = adapter.send(request, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/requests/adapters.py", line 508, in send
    raise ConnectionError(e, request=request)
requests.exceptions.ConnectionError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='my.plexapp.com', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /users/sign_in.xml?X-Plex-Token=None (Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x71bb7f70>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -2] Name does not resolve',))

no. that connection is OUTBOUND and your port forward is INBOUND.

It appears that it cannot resolve the plex URL. Looks like a DNS issue in your Home Assistant

ok thanks, how could i debug that, with a setting in the logger?
i have several dns issues…

fix your networking on your device. this isn’t a home assistant issue. You have something wrong with your device configuration.

with ‘your device’ you point to the RPi3 my Hassio is on, or my router. You might well be right, for as of this afternoon, my ISP suffered several errors, leading to no internet. Thats back at the moment, bu i still can’t access HA on my Macbook. Can reach it through the app, though rather slowly.

That depends on how things are configured.

If you have a static IP set on the pi, that you did on the pi itself, it could be a misconfiguration there.

If you have it pulling DHCP from the router, your router might be passing out a bad DNS server, or that DNS server is inaccessible because of:

all is well since i updated the latest custom-ui…
somehow this caused the connection to be broken and login stuck at ‘loading data’.

https://github.com/andrey-git/home-assistant-custom-ui/issues/84#issuecomment-358208066

havent seen the plex issue yet either. might be unrelated, but will wait and see, others have reported comparable errors.
Sometimes one doesn’t expect relationship or even correlation between events.
this was one of them.

That seems odd, since your OP said

0.61 was just released the other day.

Indeed, that’s why i carefully said it might be unrelated.
yet,
for now i don’t see any plex errors anymore, and i did read a lot of post of community-,members losing several sensors, Broadlink or otherwise.

As said, maybe unrelated, then again, maybe that particular aspect had been there before, and is now fixed also. the latest update fixes more than 1 issue afterall.

Anyways, fingers crossed here for the plex issue, HA is running more responsively than the last couple of days…