❱ Plex Assistant

ok, will do :slight_smile:

ok tested :

speel impulse seizoen 2 aflevering 4 op de google hub => works
translated : play impulse season 2 episode 4 on the google hub

i have also several items on deck, but not sure how i can activate it
if i say like
play impulse on deck on the google hub, => it plays another episiode of another serie, not impulse
it seems it plays the first item thats on the deck

This is extremely surprising, but very helpful. I’m sure at some point or with some languages the translation might not match up with the English phrases that are used, but this is good news. Everything I had been reading about with IFTTT integration with Google Assistant seemed to suggest that something like this wouldn’t work.

The on deck option currently only takes movies or tv as options, so like play on deck movies, play on deck tv or just play on deck. To play the latest unwatched episode of a show say something like play unwatched [show name].

This is still evolving and will get more phrasing options as time goes by.

well , maybe indeed spoke to soon, while i was testing your stuff before, it was always typing it in on the google assistant app on my android, now i was home, tried the exact the same command, but i receive then this error on google hub… not sure why …

command translated : plex play terminator on the google hub
error translated : Voice commands are not available for that app

you see in screenshot below the commands i did, one the OK was on my android typed in, the other one was spoken on the google hub

also i am unable to speak english to google hub , so its verry hard to say:
plex play terminator on the google hub … since english is not a secundary language
i need to test it again, with english as secundary to see if it works
if it works then, then thats a BIG bummer for me, i cant use your component :frowning: :frowning:
then i actually need to wait that IFTTT is addling languages, they promised that already 1 year ago…

or there must be an alternative to send “ingredients” to HA, without IFTTT

I’d experiment with different trigger phrases than just “Plex” to see if it makes any difference

Ok, gonna try “ask Plex”

Maybe diagflow is indeed a better option for language support after all :wink:

Did you start with it?

I got dialogflow working after a good bit of trial and error, but I cannot make a dialogflow for others to use since it requires a unique webhook URL for each user and you’re essentially making a beta app tied to your google account.

IFTTT doesn’t allow shared applets that use a webhook. Which is why I had to resort to just providing lengthy instructions.

I’d love to be able to make a simple way for this to tie in and I have tried many, many different services. IFTTT was by far the easiest to set up . IFTTT and dialogflow were the only ways I was able to get this to work at all.

Indeed, ifttt is the easiest, but indeed for supported languages… Do you still have the guide to setup with diaglog flow? i want to test it too
cause with dialogflow, you "dont "actually need to specify 2 commands to enter the “app” and ask something
normally you need to say like:
talk to “app xx” …
play …
you can combine that to : ask “app xx” to play … :> so in the end there is not tha much difference with the command coming from ifttt… but it should work in native language …

Never made one

Never got that to successfully work with dialogflow and actions

ah, normally with other “talk” apps, i have some in my google home, i can combine those commands
ok, too bad, no guide :slight_smile:
gonna try to change ifttt command from “plex” … to “ask plex” … , to see if that resolves my error on google hub
then try to add secundary language , to see if that works, so that i know whats causing the issue

can you make this for alexa/echo?

What would be the advantage of that? Plex already has Alexa support built in.

Hello all.

I’ve been seeing this error in the logs occasionally for about a month or so:

Log Details (ERROR)
Logger: hacs.factory
First occured: 3:55:52 PM (1 occurences)
Last logged: 3:55:52 PM

GitHub returned 404 for https://api.github.com/repos/maykar/plex_assistant/git/trees/0.0.2

However, I have never used/installed. or even tried this plugin. It’s probably just a HACS error. However since it’s related to the plugin I’ll ask here.

Why do I get a error about a plugin I’ve never installed?

It’s not a fatal error. It’s just a minor annoyance.

Many thanks.

hey @mayker
i am trying to setup Dialogflow, first time i am testing it :slight_smile:
i can already turn on a light on/off, thats easy, just created an enitty with the values on/off that i can pass as an argument to my automation

but now i want to pass a complete sentence as an argument, so i can use that sentence like :
“play finding dory on the google hub” , then use that sentence as the command for your service

although, i dont know how to create an entity in dialogflow that can be complete random text ? how did you do that ?
seems for the entitys i create, and need to define synonyms, like on / off , specific rooms …

@Akriss When I first created this and before I officially released it there was a release with a serious bug in it that I deleted ( 0.0.2 ). I imagine that’s what HACS is having issues with, but I couldn’t tell you why or how to fix.

@pergola.fabio I used something like tell plex to $command for the phrase, @sys.any for the entity with a value of $command, and then when you click $command in the phrase it will have a dropdown where you can select @sys.any:command.

Ahh, thnx

Gonna play ,with that

ok, got it, but seems
seems its also a “checkmark” to enable “Implicit invocation”:

Specify intents that trigger “deep-link” actions in your app, allowing users to invoke specific functionality, such as “OK Google, ask Personal Chef for a hot soup recipe”. Providing good action phrases. Learn more.

but anyway, in order to use the “test” app to link, you need to setup also a LOCAL google assistant project? so you need to HA to internet? or is that not needed, since i was already using nabucasa…
i created an tested the dialogflow, but to link it to google home, i need to setup a project again :frowning:

edit: nevermind, got it to work, it works flawlesly with dialogflow!! and also in dutch langauge now
AND in ONE command , i can say like , ask plex to play … on the …

perfect!! with nabucasa
seems afterall, i was looking for a [test] app to link but its actually hidden …

the only downside, if i ask the conversation on the google hub itself, seems the “plex assistant” is overriding the “movie” , si need to leave the “plex assistant” to actually see the movie thats casting :slight_smile:
BUT, you gonna make it happen on my samsung right? :slight_smile:

the intention is not to watch it on my hub, but on samsung instead … the hub was only for testing :slight_smile:

EDIT: some downsides
i enabled the default cast device “chromecast”, but if i ask the plex assistant (dialogflow) to play something on my chromecast , the plex assistant is still listening to next commands
so after the first 'play command" , i actually need to leave the conversation first , before talking again …
leave plex … doesnt work, i actually need to press the X button on the hub

second downside
seems the words “on the” still needs to be in english … downside, i cant select now a device if i don t use the english word …
i think you need to support multiple languages for that, so i can setup ‘nl’ in your setup?
how can i help? what do you want me to do ?

Creating instructions for a dialogflow project and translating the project using the translation guide would be immensely helpful.

Thank you.