Plex for LG media_player.play_media service

Is anyone successfully using Plex on LG WebOS and able to utilise the media_player.play_media service?
When calling the below, Plex attempts to play the file (spinning circle) for around 10 seconds and then I get a message stating “An error occurred loading items into the play queue” on the TV.

service: media_player.play_media
data:
  media_content_type: movie
  media_content_id: '{ "library_name": "Movies", "title": "Batman" }'
target:
  entity_id: media_player.plex_plex_for_lg_lg_43uk6400plf

Edit: I’ll add that the play_media service works for either web players or the Plex app on a kids fire tablet without issue.

Here is the best solution I found.

It was when I tried using that card that I realised there was an issue. For other players, it works as expected. Just not with the Plex for LG app on WebOS.

Works for me fine. I have 4 LG TVs in my home. All the same model: 43UN7000PUB.

What are you struggling with specifically?

Do you have mobile access setup on your TVs? Are you using wired or wireless? I have a completely wired house, and found as I went down this path that the TV Mobile on LGs only works on wireless and won’t work on wired. I prefer wired for quality of connection, but it is not a feature that works in LG.

The issue is purely with the media_player.play_media service and the entity being the plex app for that TV. The player (on the TV) responds, starts the spinning wheel as if the movie is loading and then says “An error occurred loading items into the play queue”

The TV is wired, and I have the remote app working. The issue appears to be purely contained to the Plex app as it starts to initiate playback.

In the plex app, its client version 5.25.2 and platform version 4.4.0

Hmmmm.

Do you have auto sync setup under the time on the TV?

I had mine set that way, and all the times were in 2019. I had to manually enter the time to get it to work. i think there time sync server or the software is jacked up.

Thank you, I’ll give that a try.

Did you ever manage to get this working? I’m having the exact same issue!

No, I’ve since bought an Nvidia Shield and have stopped using the LG client.

Fair enough! Thanks for the response anyways!