Plex Integration Fails

Hi everyone.

I’ve moved my Plex Server to an Nvidia Shield Pro. Trying to setup the Plex Server integration so I can automate lights when movies start playing (using the Android TV Plex client on the Shield, rather than the Chromecast client)

So I can connect to Plex and select a server. All seems to be well, until I click on options for the integration, when I’m greeted with “Please wait while the integration is being installed…”, which it never is.

Log files throw up this:

Exception in async_call when dispatching 'plex_update_platforms_signal.a3025fb9bf2fb2d6a805a84fb7194c1b291a65dc': () Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/debounce.py", line 60, in async_call await self.hass.async_add_job(self.function) # type: ignore File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/plex/server.py", line 207, in _async_update_platforms known_accounts = set(self.option_monitored_users) File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/plex/server.py", line 361, in option_monitored_users return self.options[MP_DOMAIN].get(CONF_MONITORED_USERS, {}) KeyError: 'media_player'

Any thoughts anyone?

Thanks

Just noticed that it does create the sensor, but not the media_player entities.

Getting exactly the same issue today as well after moving rebuilding my homeassistant server on a new PI running in a virtual environment. Updated to latest 0.111.1 and plex server is also on the latest.

Downgraded back to 0.110.7 and plex clients showing up properly, so it’s an issue with 0.111.X

Sorry, I made an oopsie in the 0.111.0 release. Submitted a fix in the upcoming 0.111.2.

1 Like

Phew. Thought it was me, or the Shield. It was working before I moved the server!

I’ll hold off for 0.111.2.

Thanks. :slight_smile:

Is it possible that a recent update brought a similar behavior? At least currently all my plex entities are unavailable at home assistant.