Plex Integration - Why are all folders visible through the media player card no matter what permissions I have set in Plex?

Hi,

I use Plex for all my media at home. I have 3 levels of access: Admin, Adult & Kids.

After I installed the Plex Media Server integration I was surprised to find that no mater what settings I use everybody who clicks the media icon on the UI card can browse every single folder not matter what the permission level.

I’ve searched the forum to see if anyone else has mentioned this but could not find anything related. Am I just missing something? I’m new to HA so maybe…

Settings:

I click the browse icon in the UI:

Screenshot 2023-05-26 at 07.25.05

“Kids Movies” is not password protected in Plex so should always show but “Movies” is actually behind a password and is also owned by the Administrator.
Screenshot 2023-05-26 at 07.24.55

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug or just not a feature?

edit: The DLNA server is not enabled on the Plex Server

I was about to ask exactly the same question. I would like to restrict access to Plex for specific HA user to be able to access only some of the library in Plex. Seems like Plex integration is quiet limited in this matter. Is there any alternative such us different medial player add-on that supports such functionallity eventually?